It’s a bird! It’s a plane! No – it’s a giant Daddy Long Legs and you’ll find him cruising around the streets of Barrington today. Stilt man and entertainer extraordinaire, Frank Birdsall will be making an appearance during Day Two of this weekend’s 4th of July Festivities at the Barrington Brat Tent.
Frank Birdsall is a man of many talents and you’ll find him performing his regular gig at Navy Pier in Chicago. He’s witty, he’s an athlete, he’s an artist and he’s an entertainer to boot! He holds two national unicycle championships in track-riding and his strength, agility and balance have led to a successful career in stilt-walking. And if that doesn’t impress you, get this. Frank is a sculptor who creates outrageous balloon characters. I bet he can walk, talk and chew gum at the same time, too! You can make a date to meet Frank today right here in Barrington. He’ll be performing at the Brat Tent at Noon and that’s just one of many fun events planned for Barrington’s 4th of July festivities today.
Saturday, July 2nd 11:00AM – 11:30PM
- All Day – Crafts, Games and More presented by the Barrington Junior Womens Club
- 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Cutest Baby Contest & Crowning by Congressman Joe Walsh at Noon, presented by the Barrington Junior Womens Club
- 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. – Trackless Train and Firetruck Slide presented by Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital
- 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Hands on Activity with Learning Express
- 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. – Jacob’s Ladder, an inflatable where two competitors race up ladders to see who makes it to the top first – presented by PEPSICO Chicago
- 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. – Puck Shot – Take your best shot and win prizes with Chicago Express
- 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. – Frank Birdsall, Entertainer Extraordinaire presented by Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital
- 1 p.m. – 7 p.m – 32′ Rock Climbing Wall & Euro Bungy Presented by PEPSICO Chicago
- 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. – Meet Chicago Express Hockey Mascott, Trax
- 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. – Scales and Tails Traveling Zoo presented by Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital
- 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. – Replay presented by Pepper Construction
- 8 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. – Way Past Curfew presented by Wickstrom Auto Group
You’ll find the Brat Tent set up in the North Commuter Lot of the Metra Train Station at 201 South Spring Street in Barrington. There is daytime admission special for kids over age 3 which includes unlimited access to all activities, a hot dog, chips and soda for $5. Adult admission is FREE during these hours. The cost of evening admission after 6PM is $5 for adults, $1 ages 14-17 and admission for kids 13 and under is FREE. All funds raised will benefit initiatives organized by the five community service organizations that host the Brat Tent festivities. They are the Barrington Junior Women’s Club, Noon Rotary Club of Barrington, Breakfast Rotary Club of Barrington, Lion’s Club of Barrington and Kiwanis Club of Barrington. For more information, visit the committee’s website at Barrington4thofJuly.com.