Who & What
The disproportionate impacts of the COVID pandemic have revealed health and wealth disparities now impossible to ignore. What are the social determinants of health? How can we improve quality of life and care for all? Join hosts Rev. Dr. Zina Jacque and Jessica Green for this virtual session of Courageous Conversations with special guest Suzet McKinney, DrPH, MPH, CEO and Executive Director of the Illinois Medical District. Followed by interactive breakout dialogue.
- This event is open to the public, ages 15+
- Advance registration is required to receive Zoom link
- Before you come, please watch this short orientation video
Click here to purchase tickets.
Where & When
This virtual event is FREE and all are welcome from from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 12th, 2021. To request ASL interpreting, please contact: email@example.com.
Click here to purchase tickets for this virtual event.
Here are past articles for our takeaways from the 2020-2021 season of Courageous Conversations:
- September, 2020 – Standing in Another’s Shoes
- October, 2020 – Parenting for Inclusion
- November, 2020 – Repairing Civic Trust & Becoming America
- December, 2020 – Healing Our Communities
A Year of Courageous Conversations is presented by Urban Consulate and Barrington’s White House and made possible by your ticket purchase and generous support from Jessica & Dominic Green, Kim Duchossois, Tyler & Danielle Lenczuk, Cobey & Erich Struckmeyer, Susan & Rich Padula, Julie Kanak & Mike Rigali, Barrington Area Community Foundation, and BMO Wealth Management. To learn more, visit CourageousCommunity.us.
Photos from Courageous Conversations at Barrington’s White House by Linda Barrett.