Barrington History – First Catlow Theater – 118 W. Main Street

On the right is Tom Cree’s Bicycle Shop. On the left is the first Catlow Theater built in 1916 by Wright Catlow’s father. It remained a theater until 1926 when Wright built a new one at 114 W. Main. The building then became a roller rink. Around 1935 Harvey Hamper began manufacturing clothes hampers in the building until it was demolished in 1967. The theater address was 118 W. Main St.

* Historical photo & caption courtesy of the Barrington Area Library

0 reviews to Barrington History – First Catlow Theater – 118 W. Main Street

Write a Review