Pictured on the left of the old movie house is the house at 120 W. Station St.
This building on west Station Street was the first moving picture theatre in Barrington. It was built by Mr. Wright Catlow’s father in 1916. It was abandoned as a moving picture theatre sometime in the 1920s when Mr. Wright Catlow built the present Catlow Theatre on Main St. This building has been used for various purposes over the years.
* Historical photo & caption courtesy of the Barrington Area Library.