The Joseph Catlow residence. The west wing of this house was moved from farther west, on West Main, by the Elgin, Joliet and Eastern railroad track. Joe Catlow had one son, John who opened a gravel pit, on West County Line Rd., just west of Spring Creek. John also had a garage and construction company on West Main St., just west of the E. J. and E. tracks. Joe Catlow had another son who opened the first movie theatre on West Station St. His name was Wright. In 1926, Wright built the present movie theatre, accross the street from this house. Jow Catlow had a daughter who married George Whitcome, and they lived in this house later. George and Ruth (Catlow) Whitcome had 2 sons, George, Jr. and Wilbur. 6-20-89.
* Historical photo & caption courtesy of the Barrington Area Library.
0 reviews to Barrington History – Joseph Catlow Residence – 117 West Main Street