Today I’m making a special fall fudge recipe. Fudge is NOT just for holidays. How loud would your gang sing your praises if THIS was on the counter any given weekday afternoon?
My Caramel Apple Fudge recipe is super rich and creamy with a sweet caramel finish. Apple pie filling and seasonings give it an authentic apple pie flavor. Caramel cream is swirled on top and throughout so that every bite gives you that caramel-apple flavor we all know and love.
Apple Pie Fudge
- 3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 cup apple pie filling
- 3 cup white chocolate
- 1/2 cup caramel bits or 12-15 caramel squares
- 1 1/2 Tbs heavy cream or half and half
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add white chocolate and apple pie filling to a mixing bowl, attach whisk to mixer. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat sugar, butter, salt, cream, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice over medium high heat. Bring to a rolling boil and stir continuously for 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Quickly pour mixture into prepped mixing bowl with white chocolate and apple pie filling. Beat on medium speed until white chocolate is smooth (about 2 minutes). Pour into baking dish.
- Place the caramel bits and cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the caramel at 45 second intervals at 50% power stirring until they are melted and smooth.
- Drizzle the caramel on top of the fudge, use a small metal spatula to create swirls in the fudge.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours, until hardened, or overnight.
- Remove parchment paper from pan and place on cutting board. Cut fudge into small bite sized pieces. Store in covered container in refrigerator. Use within one week, or freeze. ENJOY!
About the Author
Photographer Sally Roeckell specializes in contemporary lifestyle portraiture with an emphasis on food photography. Her Blog, Table and Dish is a website devoted to celebrating and curating the many ways that food binds us. Sally hopes that her recipes and images will inspire you to gather your friends and family in the kitchen to make memories, use the time to connect with busy kids, chat over mixing bowls, get messy, laugh, sing, set the table, clear the table, pass the salt, debate the days topics and pray. You can follow her here as a weekly contributor to 365Barrington and Heinen’s as well as via Table and Dish on Instagram and on her website at TableAndDish.com.
Have you heard about Heinen’s Tasteful Rewards™ program? Sign up for free to receive exclusive weekly specials via email and earn Heinen’s rewards. As a Tasteful Rewards™ membership benefit, Heinen’s will donate up to 1% of your qualified purchases made between September and April to a local school of your choice through their Teaming Up for Education Program. CLICK HERE to sign up for Heinen’s Tasteful Rewards™ and, trust me, this is one email that will always please your palate!
Heinen’s Grocery is located at 500 N. Hough Street, between E. Main Street and Route 14 (next to Meatheads) in Barrington, Illinois. They’re open 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. For more information, visit Heinens.com.