The Barrington 220 Educational Foundation has announced the recipients of the Helping Hand Grants for the 2013-2014 school year. Helping Hand Grants are offered once a year and are limited to $500. The B220 Educational Foundation has awarded more than $10,000 in grants this year to District 220 staff and teachers who submitted applications.
Grant recipients include:
- 1st Graders Fly Forward in Literacy, Grove
- Elevated Guided Reading, Grove
- Kindles for Hard to Reach Reader, Grove
- Patricia Polacco Books, Grove
- Creating Innovators: A Makerspace Club, Grove
- Libraries Got Game, Hough
- MP3s for Ariculation Mastery, Hough
- Series Extensions, Countryside
- Stronger, Faster, Smarter Kids, Lines
- Art to Go, Sunny Hill
- Real Life Math–Coming Alive with Food, Sunny Hill
- Little Free Library Spanish Books, Sunny Hill
- Junior Great Books–Added Differentiation, Sunny Hill
- MORE Kindles for the Library, Sunny Hill
- Higher Level Books in Spanish, Sunny Hill
- Photojournalism supplies, Sunny Hill
- iPad Initiative, Sunny Hill
- Social Studies Picture Books, Prairie
- Cross Cultural/Sp. Ed Library, Prairie
- Color, Sound and Movement to Aid Literacy, Station
- Classroom Library, BHS
- Kindles Transform BHS, BHS
The B220 Educational Foundation “finds the funds” for initiatives that enhance learning but are not otherwise supported by tax revenues. To learn more, go to the Educational Foundation’s website.
About the Author
Morgan Delack is in Media Relations and Social Media for Barrington Community Unit School District 220.
She handles social media, media outreach and other press-related tasks for the district.
Morgan has worked for several years in both television and web-based news.
She lives in Barrington with her husband and two children. In her free time, Morgan enjoys exercise, cooking, reading and being outdoors.
You can reach her at (847) 842-3536 or MDelack@Barrington220.org. Follow Morgan’s Barrington 220 updates at Facebook.com/Barrington220.