Father’s Day is coming up on Sunday, June 19th, and Barrington’s Ace Hardware store is chock full of great gift ideas to honor good ol’ Dad. Whether he’s the grill master of the house, a car buff, your dependable handyman or even just needs some time to relax, Ace has the gifts to help you show him just how much he’s loved and appreciated.
We talked with John Brown, our local Ace owner and a father and grandfather himself, about his top gift ideas for Father’s Day. We know any one of these will melt Dad’s heart!
1. A Gourmet Grill Upgrade
If your guy’s a grill master (or a grill master wannabe), Ace’s great grills and accessories are just the ticket. If you’re considering a new grill, Ace has great prices on their inventory of Kamado Joe ceramic grills, Traeger wood-pellet grills, and Weber gas and charcoal grills. Either assemble yourself or opt for Ace’s free assembly and local delivery on grills over $399.
Kamado Joe grills have a thick-walled ceramic body and a felt gasket, which work together to seal in heat and moisture. Meats grill up moist and flavorful, every time.
For some inspiration, here’s the favorite pulled pork recipe of a local Kamado Joe owner:
Favorite Pulled Pork
- 1 6-7 pound Pork Butt (or Shoulder)
- 1/2 cup Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Dr. Pepper, Coca-Cola, 7-Up or apple juice
- Trim excess fat from the pork. Mix all rub ingredients together and rub generously all over the pork. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 1 hour before cooking.
- Start the Kamado Joe, using the heat deflector bring the temperature to 225-250 degrees. Before putting the grill rack on, place an aluminum pan on the heat deflector, right under where the pork will be. Fill it with Dr. Pepper, Coca-Cola, 7-Up or apple juice. Put the grill rack on and place the pork, fat side up (as it cooks, the fat will melt into the meat), and let it cook low and slow for 6-10 hours. Roll it over three-quarters of the way through cooking.
- Remove the pro from the grill, place it in a large pan, and let it rest for 5 minutes before shredding. Serve on your bun of choice, with or without your favorite sauce and slaw. Enjoy!
Traeger wood pellet grills offer wood-fired flavor to grilled, smoked, baked, roasted, braised and barbecued meats. With a temperature control setting similar to an oven, it’s easy to find the right setting and create delicious dishes. To sweeten the deal, Traeger is offering rebates of up to $100 on its Professional Series grills. You’ll get $75 back on the Traeger Pro Series 22 ($799.99), which has enough room to grill 16 burgers, 4 chickens, 24 hot dogs or 5 rib racks – so you can host the whole family for Father’s Day!
Ace also has lots of fun grill accessories for the guy who’s ready to go beyond the burger. Himalayan salt plates ($49.99) and PizzaCue grilled pizza sets ($129.99 – a great price for this item!) will be welcome additions to his repertoire – and won’t break the bank.
2. A Squeaky Clean Car
What Dad doesn’t love a super-clean, freshly washed and waxed car? Have the kids assemble a basket of his favorite car washing supplies and make some car wash coupons for their favorite guy. Ace has everything they’ll need to detail Dad’s ride from $3.99-$28.99.
3. Shiny New Tools
Is your best guy also handy? Make sure he’s outfitted with the tools he needs to get the job done right. Ace has great tool-themed gifts, from Chicago Bears tool boxes to drills and bits, that are sure to please. And this month only, get a Dewalt 20-volt lithium battery cordless drill for $99.99 – down from $149.99 – and a set of bits for $9.99!
4. A Spot to Kick Back and Relax
Maybe all Dad needs this Father’s Day is a place to enjoy time with family and friends. He’ll love entertaining with this Living Accents Catalina Bar Set ($299.99), in stock and ready to take home today at Ace. Dad will love his new backyard oasis!
5. Plants to Enjoy
If your special guy is a gardener, you can’t beat the deals on flowers at Ace. From now through Sunday, take 33% off all flowers – the perfect time to fill those planters!
John Brown and his team at Ace look forward to helping you select the perfect gift for Dad. However you choose to honor the special Dads in your life, we hope you enjoy your time together!
Ace Hardware of Barrington is located at 906 S. Northwest Highway in Barrington. They are open from 8:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Monday, May 30th), 8:00 am. – 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, and 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Sunday. You can reach them at (847) 304-4325, click HERE to learn about their latest events and promotions on Facebook or visit their website at AceHardware.com.