For nearly seven years we’ve been sharing stories about people, places and things to do in Barrington. What started as a small way for us to celebrate the reasons to live in Barrington has become a resource for those seeking to reach our growing local audience.
As social media continues to transform the way we publish and receive local news, we’ve been evolving to better serve those with messages to share. We also work hard to keep things engaging, innovative, unexpected and fun. That is why we’re excited to introduce NoonDaily Updates, a new approach to gathering information and sharing the good things happening in Barrington, Illinois.
We’ve had a team working on our NoonDaily updates via Instagram since the beginning of the year (thank you Kate Smith) and we’ve loved the pleasant surprise of seeing others automatically join us in sharing. Today, we’re ready to reveal what we’ve been developing behind-the-scenes and officially invite you to participate.
Here’s how it works:
Each day we’ll be publishing a post at noon featuring the latest collected photos and information from various sources around town and we hope you’ll join us! Here are some of today’s NoonDaily Updates (see below or click here for original posts).
Can you match the captions with the images?
- Homecoming parade float – We are going to smoke the Saxons
- Life is short…get noticed!!????? Fall Fashion in Barrington
- Dancers at the Barrington Homecoming parade on Saturday
- Sally from Table and Dish is warming up her family on this cool, gray day by cooking a piping-hot pot of Heinens Fall Chili with Sweet Potatoes & Quinoa. I can almost smell this cooking from across town. See you at Heinen’s Grocery!
- So much happening this October at Deer Park Town Center!!! Color the Town Pink to benefit Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital’s Breast Care Center & Trick-or-treating
- Field lights last night at the Barrington Park District
- Cool and quiet walk around Lake Louise
- A Birdseye View in Barrington, Illinois
- Rainy field trip day for a group of Barrington students at Stillman Nature Center
Whether you’re a local resident, photographer, writer, business owner, student, PR pro, marketing guru, non-profit organizer, event planner, REALTOR, religious leader or volunteer, we invite you to please share your news, views and daily snapshots right along with us. Posts submitted will be featured on our NoonDaily Update Board at 365Barrington.com/NoonDaily.
Here’s how to share:
Everyone can participate by adding photos and updates to our NoonDaily collection one of these three ways:
Publish a post to our Facebook page at Facebook.com/BarringtonIllinois and your message will be featured on our NoonDaily Update Board at 365Barrington.com/NoonDaily.
Add the hashtag #NoonDailyBarrington to any post on your Instagram page and your message will also be featured with our NoonDaily updates.
- Submit an Event or Post
If social media is not your thing, click here to submit post details or click here to share an upcoming event and we’ll do our best to add your message to the NoonDaily mix.
Gone are the days when local news arrived only with the paperboy or via regularly scheduled newscasts. Social media has changed the news cycle so dramatically that we find ourselves longing for a return to life with less disruption. At the same time, social media continues to enhance the best part of our work, which has always been learning from your story ideas, recommendations and experiences. NoonDaily is our commitment to gathering ideas and presenting information thoughtfully and regularly with respect for your time. So we hope you will join us in sharing slices of life locally, right here at noon daily.