Time for today’s NoonDaily Update, our new approach to gathering information and sharing the good things happening in Barrington, Illinois. Each day we publish a post at noon featuring the latest collected photos and information from various sources around town and we hope you’ll join us.
Today’s update is complied with photos and stories shared from astute observers, businesses and organizations around town (see below or click here for original posts).
Can you match the captions with the images?
- Courtney from A Life From Scratch takes us to Fox River Grove this week for her #EverydayMoms series, where hard-working moms share an inside look at their joys, struggles and the solutions they can’t live without. This week we’re meeting mom-of-two, Mary Beth.
- There’s so much happening this October at Deer Park Town Center!!! Document Shredding, #ColorTheTownPink to benefit Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital‘s Breast Care Center & trick-or-treating. Check out all the fun to come plus a look back at two hot summer events in photos & VIDEO, today at 365Barrington.com... http://wp.me/p1NGbX-12VQ
- A Barrington second grader explores San Francisco. #notinbarrington #sanfrancisco #traveldiary
- In the mood for apple picking? #langsorchard in #woodstock is the #barrington area’s best kept secret. Small, friendly, family-owned orchard without the crowds. Love it year after year!!! #noondailybarrington
- Evening traffic earlier this week in downtown #barrington.
- It’s a great day for OAK-TOBER Fest with the Barrington Area Conservation Trust. The fun starts at 1 p.m. See you there!
- The air is starting to cool down, football season is in full swing and that means it’s time for a tailgate! Sally from Table and Dish is sharing a lighter take on traditional tailgate food with these 3 recipes inspired by fresh ingredients from Heinen’s Grocery… http://wp.me/p1NGbX-12LK
- Farmhouse on North opens to rave reviews in Barrington! Here’s what first diners are saying about the area’s new farm-to-table restaurant…
“…Farmhouse serves fresh, homemade food prepared with ingredients sourced from local farms. You’ll find the restaurant in a storied North Avenue property… read more (+)
We’ve had a team working on our NoonDaily updates via Instagram since the beginning of the year (thank you Kate Smith) and we’ve loved the pleasant surprise of seeing others automatically join us in sharing. This week, we’re ready to reveal what we’ve been developing behind-the-scenes and officially invite you to participate.
Here’s how it works:
Each day we’ll be publishing a post at noon featuring the latest collected photos and information from various sources around town and we hope you’ll join us! Here are some of today’s NoonDaily Updates (see below or click here for original posts).
Whether you’re a local resident, photographer, writer, business owner, student, PR pro, marketing guru, non-profit organizer, event planner, REALTOR, religious leader or volunteer, we invite you to please share your news, views and daily snapshots right along with us. Posts submitted will be featured on our NoonDaily Update Board at 365Barrington.com/NoonDaily.
Here’s how to share:
Everyone can participate by adding photos and updates to our NoonDaily collection one of these three ways:
Mention @BarringtonIllnois in a Facebook post or publish post to our Facebook page at Facebook.com/BarringtonIllinois and your message will be featured on our NoonDaily Update Board at 365Barrington.com/NoonDaily.
Add the hashtag #NoonDailyBarrington to any post on your Instagram page and your message will also be featured with our NoonDaily updates.
- Submit an Event or Post
If social media is not your thing, click here to submit post details or click here to share an upcoming event and we’ll do our best to add your message to the NoonDaily mix.
Gone are the days when local news arrived only with the paperboy or via regularly scheduled newscasts. Social media has changed the news cycle so dramatically that we find ourselves longing for a return to life with less disruption. At the same time, social media continues to enhance the best part of our work, which has always been learning from your story ideas, recommendations and experiences. NoonDaily is our commitment to gathering ideas and presenting information thoughtfully and regularly with respect for your time. So we hope you will join us in sharing slices of life locally, right here at noon daily.