We’re celebrating women’s health, wildlife, luxury cars and local restaurants this Champagne Day in Barrington with today’s NoonDaily Update. Our daily reports are a new approach to gathering information and sharing the good things happening locally. Each day we publish a post at noon featuring the latest collected photos and information from various sources around town and we hope you’ll join us in sharing.
Today’s update is complied with photos and stories submitted by astute observers, local businesses and area organizations (see below or click here for original posts).
Can you match these 9 captions with the photos below?
- TheModernFarmette: Glazed Duck Breast at @FarmhouseOnNorth
- Advocate Sherman & Advocate Shep: More than 250 ladies came out for our Girls’ Night Out to learn about women’s #health from providers at @advocatesherman and @advocateshep and enjoy pampering services from our local partners. The key message of the night? Prevention is key. Get those mammograms, colonoscopies, heart scans and other preventative screenings and know your risk factors. #storiesofthegirls #checkyourgirls
- Shakou Sushi: The @shakousushi #filetmignon and #lobster entree is just as delicious as it looks. Shakou means more than award winning sushi!
- NortonsUSA: Join us Saturday, October 22 from 2PM through 3:30PM for an owl visit with local naturalist and author Mark Spreyer!
- Near Restaurant: Happy #champagne day! All bubbly bottles are 30% off tonight at NEAR!
- AutoImageInc: As far as detailing cars goes, this is a full house.
- WokNFire: Our Spicy Lobster Roll! Tempura cold water lobster tail with asparagus, avocado, and jalapeño. Rolled in black rice and drizzled with Rayu chili oil, unagi sauce, spicy mayo, & Sriracha sauce.
- Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital: Barrington breast cancer survivor Abby Gage pinks out with the Chicago Bulls for breast cancer awareness Monday at the United Center.
- AnnaSheaChocolates: And that’s a wrap! We end with a morguerita, a bombshell mini cupcake and a fabulous peanut butter eyeball!!
We’ve had a team working on our NoonDaily updates via Instagram since the beginning of the year and we’ve loved the pleasant surprise of seeing others automatically join us in sharing. Now we’re ready to reveal what we’ve been developing behind-the-scenes and officially invite you to participate.
Here’s how it works:
Each day we’ll be publishing a post at noon featuring the latest collected photos and information from various sources around town and we hope you’ll join us! Whether you’re a local resident, photographer, writer, business owner, student, PR pro, marketing guru, non-profit organizer, event planner, REALTOR, religious leader or volunteer, we invite you to please share your news, views and daily snapshots right along with us. Posts submitted will be featured on our constantly updated NoonDaily page at 365Barrington.com/NoonDaily.
Here’s how to share:
Everyone can participate by adding photos and updates to our NoonDaily collection one of these three ways:
- Facebook Mention @BarringtonIllnois in a Facebook post or publish post to our Facebook page at Facebook.com/BarringtonIllinois and your message will be featured on our NoonDaily Update Board at 365Barrington.com/NoonDaily.
- Instagram & Twitter Add the hashtag #365Barrington or #NoonDailyBarrington to any post on your Instagram or Twitter page and your message will also be featured with our NoonDaily updates.
- Submit an Event or Post If social media is not your thing, click here to submit post details or click here to share an upcoming event and we’ll do our best to add your message to the NoonDaily mix.
Gone are the days when local news arrived only with the paperboy or via regularly scheduled newscasts. Social media has changed the news cycle so dramatically that we find ourselves longing for a return to life with less disruption. At the same time, social media continues to enhance the best part of our work, which has always been learning from your story ideas, recommendations and experiences. NoonDaily is our commitment to gathering ideas and presenting information thoughtfully and regularly with respect for your time. So we hope you will join us in sharing slices of life locally, right here at noon daily.