Time for today’s NoonDaily Update, our new approach to gathering information and sharing the good things happening locally. Each day we publish a post at noon featuring the latest collected photos and information from various sources around town and we hope you’ll join us in sharing.
Today’s update is complied with photos and stories submitted by astute observers, local businesses and area organizations (see below or click here for original posts).
Can you match these 9 captions with the photos below?
- Kiran Advani: She loves her dance instructors & new friends at BarringtonDance!
- ScottR116: South Barrington, looking north toward Willow Creek Community Church.
- Southern Belles Pancakes: Pumpkin season is in full swing… try our pumpkin roll French toast with roasted seeds and cran-apple chutney.
- Mum 117: Hand-tied armature bouquets aren’t just for the lucky bride anymore. Placed in favorite vase at home, they make any day feel like a holiday. Join us @mum.117 for a workshop and pop-up with Twisted Stem on November 5th at 1:00. We’re excited to see you there!
- Pottery Barn Deer Park: You can bring a little warmth into your home with this stately pattern that will last you from fall through winter. Whether you’re looking for a major statement like a plaid bedding or a small accessory that will bring in the pattern, you have endless affordable and stylish options!!!
- Savory Salads: Homemade chicken noodle soup on a cool fall day is unmatched.
- Shamirah Botiq: Go ahead, look like a million dollars but don’t break the bank. Open Back White Lace Dress with detailed neckline and bottom. Obsessed.
- EatAtMeatheads: Start fall on a sweet note with our delicious, hand-dipped Pumpkin Pie Shake. These goodies are available at all 17 Meatheads locations NOW!
- ShopArboretum: Who is ready for tonight’s Cubs game? #soexcited #flythew #chicagocubs gear from @rallyhousesouthbarrington
We’ve had a team working on our NoonDaily updates via Instagram since the beginning of the year and we’ve loved the pleasant surprise of seeing others automatically join us in sharing. Now we’re ready to reveal what we’ve been developing behind-the-scenes and officially invite you to participate.
Here’s how it works:
Each day we’ll be publishing a post at noon featuring the latest collected photos and information from various sources around town and we hope you’ll join us! Whether you’re a local resident, photographer, writer, business owner, student, PR pro, marketing guru, non-profit organizer, event planner, REALTOR, religious leader or volunteer, we invite you to please share your news, views and daily snapshots right along with us. Posts submitted will be featured on our constantly updated NoonDaily page at 365Barrington.com/NoonDaily.
Here’s how to share:
Everyone can participate by adding photos and updates to our NoonDaily collection one of these three ways:
- Facebook Mention @BarringtonIllnois in a Facebook post or publish post to our Facebook page at Facebook.com/BarringtonIllinois and your message will be featured on our NoonDaily Update Board at 365Barrington.com/NoonDaily.
- Instagram & Twitter Add the hashtag #365Barrington or #NoonDailyBarrington to any post on your Instagram or Twitter page and your message will also be featured with our NoonDaily updates.
- Submit an Event or Post If social media is not your thing, click here to submit post details or click here to share an upcoming event and we’ll do our best to add your message to the NoonDaily mix.
Gone are the days when local news arrived only with the paperboy or via regularly scheduled newscasts. Social media has changed the news cycle so dramatically that we find ourselves longing for a return to life with less disruption. At the same time, social media continues to enhance the best part of our work, which has always been learning from your story ideas, recommendations and experiences. NoonDaily is our commitment to gathering ideas and presenting information thoughtfully and regularly with respect for your time. So we hope you will join us in sharing slices of life locally, right here at noon daily.