Twinkling lights, one-of-a-kind shops, live entertainment, casual and fine dining, & friendly shop owners – that’s what the Village of Barrington’s annual “Snow Much Fun” holiday celebration is all about. Experience the beauty of the holidays in Barrington during a day of shopping and festivities concluding with Santa’s arrival for the annual tree lighting downtown on Saturday, December 3rd.
Don’t miss this FREE annual Barrington tradition. Park once early in the day and ride the complimentary trolley to follow Santa around town until the lighting of the Christmas tree downtown at 5:00 p.m. Here’s a look at the schedule of Santa visits and festivities for Saturday, December 3rd…
Holiday Fun in the Village of Barrington
Candy Cane Festival
Foundry Shopping Center 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Festive reindeer antlers available at Calico Corners.
- Explore and play on a Barrington Fire Truck.
- Outdoor model train & village display at Epicure Bistro.
- 10:00 am to 2:00 pm | Petting Zoo
- 10:00 am to 12 noon | Visit with Santa at Calico Corners
Ice House Mall, 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
- 11:00 am | Mrs. Claus story hour. The Nutcracker will be read and Dancewerks will bring the story to life.
- 12:00 noon | Holiday Parade of Characters.
- 12:30 pm | Santa’s grand arrival! Bring your wish lists and cameras for pictures with Santa through 3 pm.
- Enjoy cookies & milk with Santa courtesy of Jewel Foods and Chessie’s Restaurant.
- Visit with Santa 12:30 pm to 3 pm at the Ice House Mall Dec 3 – 23
Magical Reindeer Lane
The Shops on Lageschulte, 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Cider and cookies at the English Daisy.
- 1:30 to 3:30 pm | Real reindeer at Norton’s U.S.A.
- The Elves will help you pet the magical reindeer. Bring your camera for pictures too.
- Visit with Santa, 4 pm – 4:45 pm at Norton’s U.S.A.
Snow Much Fun Annual Tree Lighting
Village Center, 1:00 pm – 6:30 pm
- 9:00 am | Breakfast with Santa at Southern Belles.
- 1:00 pm | Free carriage rides around downtown.
- 4:00 pm | Festive carols by BHS Madrigal Singers.
- 5:00 pm | Remarks by Village President, Karen Darch and the lighting of the Christmas tree!
- 5:00 pm | Santa arrives on a Fire Truck to greet children in the Santa House.
- 5:15 pm to 6:30 pm | Visit with Santa on South Cook Street