There’s something magical about the first snowfall of of the season, gently covering everything in sight. Children press their faces to the window, squealing with delight and families dig out pounds of snow gear. The sounds of shovels, plows and snowblowers return as the white stuff silently blankets our homes. With a crisp white surface of freshly fallen snow, for a fleeting moment, everything is still and peaceful. Barrington scenes from Sunday’s first snow of the season are the focus of today’s NoonDaily Update.
Can you match the photos with their captions below?
(click an image to start the gallery)
2. Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital | Chicagoland’s first snow and a Bears victory were icing on the cake during Tom & Brendan Gould’s exciting game-day experience at Soldier Field Sunday arranged by Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital. This past February Brendan saved his father, Tom’s life by calling 911 and immediately performing CPR when he collapsed and went into cardiac arrest. Read the full story here…
3. Rusty Hernandez | Driving Miss Diva – one of her favorite things. Now I have to start dressing like I’m going skiing just to drive her with the windows open #alaskanmalamute #malamute #divadog #mansbestfriend…
4. The Pink Geranium and Co | We at The Pink G hope everyone enjoyed the first snowfall of the season! #thepinkgeraniumandco #vintage #pinkchristmastree…
6. Andrea Nicole | Btown you’re too festive ?✨
Our NoonDaily Updates are a new approach to gathering information and sharing the good things happening locally. Each day we publish a post at noon featuring the latest collected photos and information from various sources around town and we hope you’ll join us in sharing.
Here’s how it works:
Each day we publish a post at noon featuring the latest collected photos and information from various sources around town and we hope you’ll join us! Whether you’re a local resident, photographer, writer, business owner, student, PR pro, marketing guru, non-profit organizer, event planner, REALTOR, religious leader or volunteer, we invite you to please share your news, views and daily snapshots right along with us. Posts submitted will be featured on our constantly updated NoonDaily page at 365Barrington.com/NoonDaily.
Here’s how to share:
Everyone can participate by adding photos and updates to our NoonDaily collection one of these three ways:
- Facebook Mention @BarringtonIllnois in a Facebook post or publish post to our Facebook page at Facebook.com/BarringtonIllinois and your message will be featured on our NoonDaily Update Board at 365Barrington.com/NoonDaily.
- Instagram & Twitter Add the hashtag #365Barrington or #NoonDailyBarrington to any post on your Instagram or Twitter page and your message will also be featured with our NoonDaily updates.
- Submit an Event or Post If social media is not your thing, click here to submit post details or click here to share an upcoming event and we’ll do our best to add your message to the NoonDaily mix.
Gone are the days when local news arrived only with the paperboy or via regularly scheduled newscasts. Social media has changed the news cycle so dramatically that we find ourselves longing for a return to life with less disruption. At the same time, social media continues to enhance the best part of our work, which has always been learning from your story ideas, recommendations and experiences. NoonDaily is our commitment to gathering ideas about local happenings and presenting information thoughtfully, regularly with respect for your time. So we hope you will join us in sharing slices of life locally, right here at noon daily.