Due to the program’s success, The Shepherd’s Circle added another week of Meals for Heroes to be delivered to health workers at Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital. Members of the community purchased more than 5,500 meals at participating area restaurants during the first two weeks of Meals for Heroes. They’ve scheduled another week’s worth of upcoming deliveries and shared details about how we can purchase the next meals.
The goal of Meals for Heroes is to show appreciation for local doctors, nurses and staff on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic while supporting area restaurants struggling with lost business during this time.
*Photos courtesy of Amy Jo Badowski
New orders have already been placed for meals to be delivered the first two days of this week. Monday’s meals are being Sushi Kushi 4 U in Lake Zurich, Biaggi’s Ristorante Italiano in Deer Park and Remember Charlotte’s in Barrington. Tuesday’s meals will be delivered by The Coffee Kup and The Hungry Mule in Lake Zurich along with Burger Baron Restaurant in Arlington Heights.
There is still time to order upcoming meals from the following restaurants with order deadlines on Monday through Friday:
Wednesday, April 15th
- Lunch will be provided by Wild Asparagus Fine Catering & Events in Barrington @ $10/person + tax. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order by Monday, April 13th at noon.
- Dinner will be provided by Moretti’s Barrington @ $15/person + tax. Call 847-469-1300 to place your order by Monday, April 13th at 7:30pm.
Thursday, April 16th
- Lunch will be provided by Savory Salads Inc. $10/person + tax. Call 847-962-1516 or email email@example.com to place your order by Tuesday, April 14th.
- Dinner will be provided by Firstplace Sportsbar in Hoffman Estates @ $10/person + tax. Call 847-414-4710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order by Tuesday, April 14th.
Friday, April 17th
- Lunch will be provided by Tre Amici Pizza in Palatine. $10/person + tax. Call 847-934-9300 or email email@example.com to place your order by Wednesday, April 15th.
- Dinner will be provided by Zin GastroPub in Lake Zurich @ $15/person + tax. Call 847-946-4167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order by Wednesday, April 15th.
Saturday, April 18th
- Lunch will be provided by Joanie’s Pizzeria of Long Grove. $12.99/person + tax. Call 847-415-2220 to place your order by Thursday, April 16th.
- Dinner will be provided by ZaZa’s Tavola Italiana in Lake Barrington @ $15/person + tax. Call 847-381-1333 or email email@example.com to place your order by Thursday, April 16th.
Sunday, April 19th
- Lunch will be provided by Scoreboard Bar & Grill in Lake Zurich. @ $11/person + tax. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or order on their website scoreboardbarandgrill.net by Friday, April 17th.
- Dinner will be provided by Big Iron Horse Barbecue in Barrington. Pricing TBD. Call 847-382-4766 to place your order by Friday, April 17th at 7:30pm.
In late March, The Shepherd’s Circle introduced the Meals for Heroes campaign in partnership with Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital. Founded in 2014, The Shepherd’s Circle is a not-for-profit organization made up of young families supporting initiatives that enhance patient care at Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital. Their annual Barn Dance has been raising funds for Good Shepherd’s Integrative Medicine Program, which will provide alternative, non-traditional care to complement a patient’s treatment plan. Integrative medicine uses evidence-based practices to reduce pain and speed up recovery for patients. Learn more about their mission at Facebook.com/ShepherdsCircle.
Located at 450 W. Highway 22 in Barrington, Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital is one of 12 hospitals that are part of Advocate Aurora Health, the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health system in the United States. With 176 beds, Good Shepherd Hospital is the workplace of 1,590 team members including 530 nurses and 770 physicians in 62 specialities. In 2017, Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital completed a four-year modernization project to ensure health care delivery remains outstanding and attuned to the evolving needs of the community. Learn more at AdvocateHealth.com/gshp.