* PHOTO: Elizabeth Jiménez-Bure, Adrienne O’Brien, Justine Rovin, Brigid Tileston, Gina Weis
Barrington 220’s Board of Education recognized five Barrington 220 educators this week who have earned their National Board Certification, along with one district administrator who received her recertification. The credential is considered to be one of the most respected nationwide among educators. Teachers earn the certification through a rigorous process and must renew every 10 years. Barrington 220 currently has a total of 41 educators who have earned National Board Certification.
Congratulations to the following teachers on earning their certification this year:
- Elizabeth Jiménez-Bure, an Art Teacher at Sunny Hill Elementary, has been with Barrington 220 for 18 years
- Adrienne O’Brien, an Extended Resource Teacher at Roslyn Road Elementary, has been with Barrington 220 for 18 years.
- Justine Rovin, a Special Education Teacher at Barrington High School, has been with Barrington 220 for 11 years.
- Gina Weis, a Reading Resource Teacher at Roslyn Road Elementary, has been with Barrington 220 for 21 years.
Congratulations to the following district administrator on earning her recertification this year:
- Brigid Tileston, the Barrington 220 Director of Fine, Visual & Performing Arts, has been with Barrington 220 for 6 years.
Special thanks to BHS teacher Heidi Rockwell and North Barrington Elementary teacher Kathy Sztelle, who serve as mentors for the National Board Certification process!
About the Barrington 220 School District
Barrington 220 is a nationally recognized school district which educates nearly 9,000 students in grades preK-12. Our district is located in the northwest suburbs of Chicago, serving students in Lake, Cook, McHenry and Kane Counties. We have one high school, two middle schools, eight elementary schools and one early learning center. Our schools have earned a total of 11 National Blue Ribbon Awards and nearly 90% of our teachers have earned a master’s degree or higher. In 2020 Barrington 220 was named one of the “Best Communities for Music Education” by the NAMM Foundation and a “Top Workplace in Chicagoland” by the Chicago Tribune. Learn more at Barrington220.org.