Who’s hungry? Because we’re focused on local FOOD for today’s NoonDaily Update, featuring some of the latest menu items found at local eateries including Biaggi’s, Farmhouse on North, McGonigal’s Pub, Shakou Sushi, Francesca’s, Pinstripes & Pure PLUS dishes prepared from Heinen’s groceries! NoonDaily is our new approach to gathering information and sharing the good things (and fabulous food) happening locally.
Each day we publish a post at noon featuring the latest collected photos and information from various sources around town and we hope you’ll join us in sharing.Today’s update is complied with photos of food found in Barrington submitted by astute observers, local businesses and area organizations (see below or click here for original posts).
Can you match these captions with the photos below?
- Biaggis | *NEW* Steak Pommes Frites #newmenu #steak #biaggis #biaggisbliss
- The Modern Farmette: Locally sourced Hanger Steak – Béarnaise compound butter & caramelized mashed potatoes at Farmhouse on North.
- Cooking with Heinens | Perfect evening for creamy, soul warming Curried Butternut Squash Soup (Click here for the recipe.)
- McGonigal’s Pub | Burger & Wings from 5 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays at McGonigal’s Pub: “The Burger” 7 oz Grass-Fed beef cooked to order, served o a butter toasted bun with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle and a your choice of one side: pub fries, tater tots, potato chips, cole slaw or a side salad.
- Shakou Sushi | It was a year ago this month that @shakousushi brought award winning #asiancuisine to #barrington!
- Heinen’s Sunday Supper | Glantz family Gumbo with Chicken & Sausage. Click here to make this tonight!
- Francesca’s Famiglia | Family time is so special indulging in our Gnocchi ala Montovana, homemade potato-flour dumplings sauteed with wild mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts in a gorgonzola cream sauce
- PureOrganicJuicery | At pure we have a juice for every color in the rainbow, come and get yours! #Purelife #PureOrganicJuicery #140SCookSt #Barrington
- Pinstripesbbb | Italian Grinder + Creamy Tomato Basil Soup | spicy capicola, salami, mortadella, provolone and giardiniera. Our strikingly good #lunch combinations feature flavor-packed #flatbreads, fresh #salads, hearty #sandwiches, housemade #spaghetti, and #seasonal #soup selections.
We’ve had a team working on our NoonDaily updates via Instagram since the beginning of the year and we’ve loved the pleasant surprise of seeing others automatically join us in sharing. Now we’re ready to reveal what we’ve been developing behind-the-scenes and officially invite you to participate.
Here’s how it works:
Each day we’ll be publishing a post at noon featuring the latest collected photos and information from various sources around town and we hope you’ll join us! Whether you’re a local resident, foodie, photographer, writer, business owner, student, PR pro, marketing guru, non-profit organizer, event planner, REALTOR, religious leader or volunteer, we invite you to please share your news, views and daily snapshots right along with us. Posts submitted will be featured on our constantly updated NoonDaily page at 365Barrington.com/NoonDaily.
Here’s how to share:
Everyone can participate by adding photos and updates to our NoonDaily collection one of these three ways:
- Facebook Mention @BarringtonIllnois in a Facebook post or publish post to our Facebook page at Facebook.com/BarringtonIllinois and your message will be featured on our NoonDaily Update Board at 365Barrington.com/NoonDaily.
- Instagram & Twitter Add the hashtag #365Barrington or #NoonDailyBarrington to any post on your Instagram or Twitter page and your message will also be featured with our NoonDaily updates.
- Submit an Event or Post If social media is not your thing, click here to submit post details or click here to share an upcoming event and we’ll do our best to add your message to the NoonDaily mix.
Gone are the days when local news arrived only with the paperboy or via regularly scheduled newscasts. Social media has changed the news cycle so dramatically that we find ourselves longing for a return to life with less disruption. At the same time, social media continues to enhance the best part of our work, which has always been learning from your story ideas, food & shopping recommendations and experiences. NoonDaily is our commitment to gathering ideas and presenting information thoughtfully and regularly with respect for your time. So we hope you will join us in sharing slices of life locally, right here at noon daily.