With Thanksgiving coming up next week, we’re taking a look at the lighter side of local dining with NINE DIVINE SALADS recently featured at Barrington area restaurants. We’re sinking our teeth into these sweet and savory greens for today’s NoonDaily Update.
Can you match the photos with their captions below?
(click an image to start the gallery, tap or hover for quick captions & find salad descriptions below)
1. ShakouSushi | The #Shakou Wakame Salad, a traditional Japanese seaweed salad with cucumber and greens | ShakouSushi.com
2. Farmhouse on North | Spinach Salad – bacon lardons, duck egg & warm bacon vinaigrette | Photographed by The Modern Farmette
3. Near Restaurant | Our delicious and refreshing arugula salad with hazelnuts, ricotta cheese and fresh arugula from @middleburyfarms
4. Farmhouse on North | Radish and Arugula salad with warm brown butter vinaigrette | Photographed by The Modern Farmette
5. Frantonio’s Deli | Mini Caprese Skewers from Frantonio’s catering menu are oh-so-festive for your holiday parties! Frantonios.com
6. Biaggis | NEW Smoked Chicken Salad features mixed greens, Nueske’s Applewood smoked chicken, green apple, dried cranberries and pear, spicy walnuts, Gorgonzola cheese in a poppy seed dressing!
7. EggHarborCafe | Mmmm… Harvest Salad – grilled chicken, avocado, Bleu cheese, cucumber, apple, dried cranberries and almonds atop mesclun greens.
8. Pinstripesbbb | Fall in love with our new #fall menu #features at Pinstripes! Our Market Salad embraces the #season with pomegranate glaze, crisp apple, pumpkin seed, and fontinella.
9. Heinen’s Grocery | Blueberry & Goat Cheese Salad with Sweet Vinaigrette prepared as part of A New England Style Meal by The Modern Farmette for Heinen’s Sunday Supper | Click here for the recipe.
Our NoonDaily Updates are a new approach to gathering information and sharing the good things happening locally. Each day we publish a post at noon featuring the latest collected photos and information from various sources around town and we hope you’ll join us in sharing.
We’ve had a team working on our NoonDailies via Instagram since the beginning of the year and we’ve loved the pleasant surprise of seeing others automatically join us in sharing. Now we’re ready to reveal what we’ve been developing behind-the-scenes and officially invite you to participate.
Here’s how it works:
Each day we’ll be publishing a post at noon featuring the latest collected photos and information from various sources around town and we hope you’ll join us! Whether you’re a local resident, photographer, writer, business owner, student, PR pro, marketing guru, non-profit organizer, event planner, REALTOR, religious leader or volunteer, we invite you to please share your news, views and daily snapshots right along with us. Posts submitted will be featured on our constantly updated NoonDaily page at 365Barrington.com/NoonDaily.
Here’s how to share:
Everyone can participate by adding photos and updates to our NoonDaily collection one of these three ways:
- Facebook Mention @BarringtonIllnois in a Facebook post or publish post to our Facebook page at Facebook.com/BarringtonIllinois and your message will be featured on our NoonDaily Update Board at 365Barrington.com/NoonDaily.
- Instagram & Twitter Add the hashtag #365Barrington or #NoonDailyBarrington to any post on your Instagram or Twitter page and your message will also be featured with our NoonDaily updates.
- Submit an Event or Post If social media is not your thing, click here to submit post details or click here to share an upcoming event and we’ll do our best to add your message to the NoonDaily mix.
Gone are the days when local news arrived only with the paperboy or via regularly scheduled newscasts. Social media has changed the news cycle so dramatically that we find ourselves longing for a return to life with less disruption. At the same time, social media continues to enhance the best part of our work, which has always been learning from your story ideas, recommendations and experiences. NoonDaily is our commitment to gathering ideas and presenting information thoughtfully and regularly with respect for your time. So we hope you will join us in sharing slices of life locally, right here at noon daily.