Christmas tree shopping shenanigans, the Village of Barrington’s merchant wine walk, a Christmas scene at Chessie’s restaurant, holiday shoppers around town & more take the spotlight in today’s NoonDaily Barrington Update.
Can you match the photos with their captions below?
(click an image to start the gallery)
2. TomrodRoot | Another “roof shot” at Grove Avenue School. Students celebrating being named a “Blue Ribbon School“. It was the third time in school history which puts us among only 85 out of 90,000 total schools in the US who have achieved that feet. Dr. K became the ONLY principal to receive 3 during a career as principal. #GROVE3PEAT
6. Liz from 365Barrington | Another unsuccessful attempt to capture a nice family photo while Christmas tree shopping. Apologies to all who witnessed my kids playing hide-and-seek in the trees at @HomeDepot Sunday. Hope your tree (and your loved ones) are merry & bright after Thanksgiving week!?
9. Mum.117 | Some little mice told us that @kobocandles smell divine and we couldn’t agree more! Not only are KOBO Candles hand poured in New York, they’re made from 100% USA grown soy wax, too. They also make wonderful gifts!
Our NoonDaily Updates are a new approach to gathering information and sharing the good things happening locally. Each day we publish a post at noon featuring the latest collected photos and information from various sources around town and we hope you’ll join us in sharing.
We’ve had a team working on our NoonDailies via Instagram since the beginning of the year and we’ve loved the pleasant surprise of seeing others automatically join us in sharing. Now we’re ready to reveal what we’ve been developing behind-the-scenes and officially invite you to participate.
Here’s how it works:
Each day we’ll be publishing a post at noon featuring the latest collected photos and information from various sources around town and we hope you’ll join us! Whether you’re a local resident, photographer, writer, business owner, student, PR pro, marketing guru, non-profit organizer, event planner, REALTOR, religious leader or volunteer, we invite you to please share your news, views and daily snapshots right along with us. Posts submitted will be featured on our constantly updated NoonDaily page at 365Barrington.com/NoonDaily.
Here’s how to share:
Everyone can participate by adding photos and updates to our NoonDaily collection one of these three ways:
- Facebook Mention @BarringtonIllnois in a Facebook post or publish post to our Facebook page at Facebook.com/BarringtonIllinois and your message will be featured on our NoonDaily Update Board at 365Barrington.com/NoonDaily.
- Instagram & Twitter Add the hashtag #365Barrington or #NoonDailyBarrington to any post on your Instagram or Twitter page and your message will also be featured with our NoonDaily updates.
- Submit an Event or Post If social media is not your thing, click here to submit post details or click here to share an upcoming event and we’ll do our best to add your message to the NoonDaily mix.
Gone are the days when local news arrived only with the paperboy or via regularly scheduled newscasts. Social media has changed the news cycle so dramatically that we find ourselves longing for a return to life with less disruption. At the same time, social media continues to enhance the best part of our work, which has always been learning from your story ideas, recommendations and experiences. NoonDaily is our commitment to gathering ideas about local happenings and presenting information thoughtfully, regularly with respect for your time. So we hope you will join us in sharing slices of life locally, right here at noon daily.