Summer is right around the corner and with it comes BBQ’s, outdoor dining and neighborhood gatherings.There’s something about warmer days that screams for light, refreshing, and fruity. We put away the sweaters and dark beer and start to transition to sunny days and an abundance of color.
Be ready for any occasion with a few simple ingredients that will make an instant festive cocktail. In this week’s Cooking with Heinen’s recipe, we’re stirring up a Rosé Sangria.
Refreshing Rosé Sangria
- 1 (750mL) bottle rosé
- 1/2 cup grand marnier
- 2 cups club soda, whatever flavor you’d like
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 2 limes, sliced
- 1 cup of melon balls, cantaloupe or watermelon
- 1 pint of strawberries, sliced
- note: When peaches are in season the are a great addition to this cocktail
- Add all of your fruit to the bottom of a pitcher.
- Pour your wine, grand marnier and club soda over top and stir.
- This tastes great when it sits in the fridge and marinates for a bit.
- To serve, add ice to a glass and some of the boozy fruit and top with sangria.
Photographer Sally Roeckell specializes in contemporary lifestyle portraiture with an emphasis on food photography. She regularly shops at Heinen’s for the family dishes she features via Table and Dish on Instagram and on her website at TableAndDish.com.
Have you heard about Heinen’s Tasteful Rewards™ program? Sign up for free to receive exclusive weekly specials via email and earn Heinen’s rewards. As a Tasteful Rewards™ membership benefit, Heinen’s will donate up to 1% of your qualified purchases made between September and April to a local school of your choice through their Teaming Up for Education Program. CLICK HERE to sign up for Heinen’s Tasteful Rewards™ and, trust me, this is one email that will always please your palate!
Heinen’s Grocery is located at 500 N. Hough Street, between E. Main Street and Route 14 (next to Meatheads) in Barrington, Illinois. They’re open 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. For more information, visit Heinens.com.