At Let It Be Us we’re getting ready for our first virtual event of the new year, Foster Care 101, a free Zoom session from 7-8:30 on Tuesday, January 12th. We’ll have experienced guests sharing information and answering questions for anyone interested in learning more about foster care and how to become a foster parent in Illinois. If you’ve ever been curious about the the process and the possibility of welcoming a child in this way, we hope you’ll consider joining us. If so, simply click here to register. If you can’t make it this week, we have multiple events scheduled for the new year and we’d love to see you in 2021!
Looking back at 2020 and looking forward to 2021 – Foster Care and Adoption then and now – There’s so much to anticipate!
On behalf of Let It Be Us and all the children and families we serve, thank you to everyone who has supported our work. I’m very pleased about the success of our work in 2020 and look forward to working harder, with our staff and volunteers, and gaining even more traction in 2021.
With your help during 2020, we were able to achieve the following:
- Over 200 families were coached to receive their foster care license. With a grant from the Barrington Area Community Foundation we focused on recruiting families in the Barrington Area and our work has really only just begun. Of the families who attended our live and virtual webinars, almost 40 expressed an interest in learning more and considering becoming foster parents.
- Over 300 licensed foster homes were referred to case workers and abuse investigators so children could be placed in loving and safe homes.
- Through our live and virtual webinars we introduced over 700 hundred of people to the idea of building their families through foster care.
- We stepped into 2020 as a newly licensed child welfare agency, licensed through the State of Illinois, giving us the ability to work alongside any social service or child welfare agency in Illinois and be involved in placements – one of our specialties. Our proprietary registry of over 700 licensed foster homes allows us to help caseworkers and investigators make faster and stronger matches, reducing the amount of moves children have to make within foster care, and placing them in homes that will adopt them if they do not return home.
- We developed an improved marketing plan – to include Zoom webinars – rooted in best practices to recruit exceptional foster parents and increase the number of safe and loving homes available to children in Illinois foster care.
- Provided more than 100 Chromebooks to children in foster care so they could participate in their schoolwork through e-learning. Many students would have been left behind without your generous donations.
- Hosted 19 virtual recruitment events that reached more people than the in person events ever did. Let It Be Us recruited informative new presenters and reached new markets.
Let It Be Us is proud of our innovation in the child welfare system where we apply business concepts and tools and advocate for systemic changes to help more families and children in need.
This business of building families is humbling and extraordinary and YOU make this possible through your donations, support, volunteerism, and advocacy.
Navigating the road to foster care and adoption is extraordinarily challenging in Illinois, which is one of the reasons why our State ranks last at securing healthy homes for our children. Let It Be Us invites you to be a part of this movement to build a strong network of families and agencies helping children in foster care. Thank you for your support during 2020 and I wish you alll the best to you and your family in 2021.
About Let It Be Us
Located at 145 West Main Street in Barrington, Let It Be Us is a 501(c)(3) Child Welfare Agency licensed through the State of Illinois. Our programs significantly change outcomes for the children we serve. We increase the number of Illinois licensed foster homes through www . Let It Be Us . org 145 West Main Street Barrington, Illinois 60010 recruitment programs and events, we educate new foster parents and directly refer them to agencies via our experienced licensing coaches, we manage a database of open and licensed homes to serve children in emergent need and those who are challenging to place by working with caseworkers and investigators to make faster and stronger placements. We also offer direct support to children the children foster care that we serve. Learn more at LetItBeUs.org. You can also learn more about lives touched by the work of Let It Be Us through Voices of Adoption, our series of stories about families touched by their mission.