When we encounter people who reveal biased attitudes or behaviors, what do we do? Do we “call them in” for conversation, or “call them out” for prejudice, or both? How can we invite learning & growth without shaming? How can we receive feedback ourselves on our own blind spots? These are the questions that will be considered during this month’s Courageous Conversation coming up from 7 to 9 p.m. on Wednesday, March 10th.
Join hosts Rev. Dr. Zina Jacque and Jessica Green for this this month’s virtual session with special guest David M. Bailey of Arrabon, who works to equip individuals and communities to effectively engage in the work of reconciliation. Followed by interactive breakout dialogue.
- This event is open to the public, ages 15+
- Advance registration is required to receive Zoom link
- Before you come, please watch this short orientation video
Click here to purchase tickets.
Where & When
This virtual event is FREE and all are welcome from from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 10th, 2021. To request ASL interpreting, please contact: email@example.com.
Click here to purchase tickets for this virtual event.
Are you signed up for Courageous Conversations? Every Second Wednesday, 7pm:
- March 10, 2021 – Calling In & Calling Out?
- April 14, 2021 – Prioritizing Disability Inclusion
- May 12, 2021 – Pursuing Health Equity
Here are past articles for our takeaways from the 2020-2021 season of Courageous Conversations:
- September, 2020 – Standing in Another’s Shoes
- October, 2020 – Parenting for Inclusion
- November, 2020 – Repairing Civic Trust & Becoming America
- December, 2020 – Healing Our Communities
- February, 2021 – Love, Anger & Apology
Courageous Conversations is presented by Urban Consulate and Barrington’s White House and made possible by your ticket purchase and generous support from Jessica & Dominic Green, Kim Duchossois, Tyler & Danielle Lenczuk, Cobey & Erich Struckmeyer, Susan & Rich Padula, Julie Kanak & Mike Rigali, Barrington Area Community Foundation, and BMO Wealth Management. To learn more, visit CourageousCommunity.us.
Photos from Courageous Conversations at Barrington’s White House by Linda Barrett.