Barrington’s newest residents have inspired a new contest here at 365Barrington.com. If you’ve driven through town lately, you’ve surely seen scarecrows hanging around on sidewalks and street corners. It’s all for the Village of Barrington’s annual scarecrow design competition. We’re getting in on the fun by teaming up with local businesses to host our first ever 365 Barrington Spot the Scarecrow contest and it’s easy to win. All you have to do is guess where in Barrington the featured scarecrow is standing and you’ll be in the running to receive great prizes. So here’s our first photo. Have you spotted this scarecrow around town?
If you spend any time passing through downtown Barrington, chances are you’ve seen this guy hanging out on his bale of hay. But be careful! Don’t let the reflection fool you. A local business designed this straw fireman to pay tribute to the heroes of September 11th…
This Week’s Prize & a Clue:
The same business is offering our first Spot the Scarecrow contest prize. It’s $30 worth of in-store services and here’s a clue: You might walk out with a brand new sparkle or a ticker that keeps better time.
Here’s how it works:
All you have to do is tell us what business this scarecrow is standing in front of and you’ll be entered into a drawing to win the featured prize of the week. The rules are exactly the same as our “Guess Where Wednesday” mystery photo contest that we’ve hosted here before.
- You can submit your guesses about where today’s scarecrow photo was taken below in the comments area for this post.
- You have until midnight on Sunday to submit your guess.
- Next week, we’ll draw a name, reveal the winner at 365Barrington.com and contact that person with instructions about receiving the prize of the week.
- Only one guess per person is allowed.
- Only guesses posted here on this website, not on Facebook or Twitter, will be entered into the weekly drawing.
- Your email address must be valid, so we can contact you if you win.
There you go! All you have to do is SUBMIT YOUR GUESS IN THE “COMMENTS” BOX BELOW. Good luck with your guessing and here’s one more look at this week’s Mystery Scarecrow Photo.