If you’re a fan of Certified, Angus Beef burgers, fresh cut french fries fries and hand-dipped milkshakes, there’s a brand new restaurant coming to Barrington that will have your mouth watering until your first bite when they open in early July.
Meatheads Burgers & Fries just started construction in the space Tropical Smoothie Café vacated last month.
The new eatery will open in the Shops at Flint Creek (500 N. Hough St./Rte. 59), right next door to Heinen’s Fine Foods, and Meatheads prides itself on offering “A restaurant as carefully crafted as our burgers.” Meatheads Marketing Manager, Joe Sanders, says we can expect a total transformation. “We’re completely retrofitting the entire space with a retro vibe. It’ll be a very clean looking restaurant with tables and chairs made with real wood and cedar and 78 seats.”
Meatheads is a privately owned firm operating only in Illinois. They opened their first restaurant in Bloomington in 2007 and the Barrington restaurant will be the rapidly expanding company’s 12th location. Joe says, “Meatheads is successful because we are focused on the community, we are focused on taking care of families and we are focused on providing a fantastic service experience for our guests.”
I asked Joe to describe what we can expect from Meatheads. He summed it up with five points and here they are, in his own words:
1. We’re a family restaurant.
2. We provide friendly and efficient service – You come to Meatheads, you order the food and sit down, but that’s not where the service ends. We provide a full-service restaurant experience because we’re not just satisfied with great food – we want complete satisfaction.
3. We serve fresh, all-natural, made-to-order food – The only freezers we have are for the ice cream we use to make our hand-dipped shakes. We serve 100% Certified Angus Beef, which is the highest quality, and we serve fresh cut fries which are hand-cut every day by our staff.
4. We run immaculately clean restaurants – We are crazy about cleanliness in our restaurants and attention to detail.
5. We ingrain ourselves into the community – You’ll notice there are several things that we do. For one, we put the high school scoreboards up at our stores and we update those, by hand, on a daily basis. There will also be pictures in the store that are exclusive to the Barrington community.
As far as their food is concerned, Joe gave me the the delicious details. “At Meatheads, customers can get whatever they want. We have a whole bunch of different burger toppings, including cheeses, pineapples and roasted red peppers. We have a bacon ranch sauce, cucumber wasabi sauce and more so you’re really able to build your burger however you want it.
We also have signature burgers, like our Texas Ranch Burger with cheddar, bacon, bacon ranch sauce, lettuce, tomato, pickle and raw onion. We have the Cajun Sunrise burger which has a fried egg, fresh jalapenos, bacon, blue cheese sauce, lettuce and tomato. And we offer a Hawaiian Burger with pepper jack cheese, bacon, bbq sauce, lettuce, tomato, pickles and raw onions.”
In addition to burgers, they offer all-natural chicken breasts and grilled or crispy chicken tenders, made-to-order. They have vegetarian options, like a veggie melt and grilled cheese, plus a variety of kid-friendly options like their New England style hot dogs.
If you simply can’t wait until opening day in Barrington, you’re welcome to check Meatheads out at one of their other existing locations in Schaumburg, Northbrook, Naperville and Glen Ellyn. CLICK HERE to find their menu, CLICK HERE to follow Meatheads on Facebook and, to learn more about the business, visit their website at MeatheadsBurgers.com.