If you haven’t seen the latest copy of Barrington Life newspaper, you’re in for a treat! Their cover story puts the spotlight on an at-home conservation program that’s gaining popularity in Barrington where homeowners help protect the local landscape.
Shaw Media’s local reporters and photographers have been working hard to cover Barrington. Here’s a look at some of the latest stories you’ll find in their free newspaper, mailed weekly to 17,000+ homes and businesses in zip code 60010.
• Looking to the Future: At-home conservation program gains popularity in Barrington area: Barrington Life interviewed the Barrington Area Conservation Trust to learn how home and business owners can help to preserve 80 percent of Barrington area land through free consultation services and simple tips. Plus, a look into the yards of homeowners who have already had success with native species.
• Blackhawks fever still high: 2013 Stanley Cup champion goaltender, Corey Crawford spoke with Barrington Life as he greeted hundreds of fans at Lake Barrington Field House. Read more to learn what charitable event brought Crawford out to the suburbs for his first summer signing appearance.
• All aboard – Carousel of dreams: Barrington Life takes a behind-the-scenes peek at the annual Barrington area fundraiser that tests business leaders’ philanthropic skills as they are forced onto a 36-horse carousel for hours, armed with only their cell phones.
• Get to Know Keff Swanson: Newly hired Barrington Countryside Fire Protection District Chief: Swanson told Barrington Life about his new position within the District, his past successes in fire districts, reasons for resigning from his former New Lenox chief position, and plans for the future of the Barrington Countryside Fire Protection District.
• BeAtEase seeks end-of-life discussions
Learn why the Barrington Community Challenege is asking residents to make their final decisions now and why Barrington Village President Karen Darch was one of the first people to sign up.
Barrington Life is owned by Shaw Media and mailed weekly to 17,000+ homes and businesses in zip code 60010. Watch for next week’s issue in the mail on Thursday. In the meantime, you keep track of their latest stories on their website at MyBarringtonLife.com.
(In June, 365Barrington.com entered into a news & marketing partnership with Shaw Media and Barrington Life newspaper to work together in promoting Barrington events, stories, organizations and businesses online and in print.)