Ride, run and support our veterans during the fifth annual Barrington Honor Ride and Run on Sunday, August 16th. The event at Citizens Park (511 Lake Zurich Road) is a fun-filled day for the whole family and includes a kids obstacle course and bike ride in addition to the adult races.
Here’s the schedule of Barrington Honor Ride and Run Activities:
- 6 to 6:45 a.m. – Registration
- 7:00 a.m. – Opening Ceremony & Color Guard
- 7:15 a.m. – Bike Rides – 20, 30 or 50 miles
- 9:00 a.m. – Certified 10k Run in Cuba Marsh
- 9:15 a.m. – Certified 5k Run in Cuba Marsh
- 11:00 a.m. – Kids Obstacle Course opens & Kids 1 mile Ride hosted by Bike Barrington (Register for Bike Barrington here)
Mobile Eatery Toasty Cheese will be bringing their delectable gourmet grilled cheese creations to this year’s event. You can also enter a raffle to win a 1994 Harley Davidson Ultra Glide Classic valued at $6,500!
The cost to bike in Barrington’s Honor Ride and Run is $70 in advance or $80 if you register on race day. All proceeds will be donated to Ride2Recovery as part of the national Honor Ride series. Honor Rides fund R2R’s Hero Programs which provide cycling based rehabilitation for our wounded heroes.
To register and find more information, visit HonorRideBarrington.com.