Calling all foodies! The menu looks amazing for Thursday’s TasteFest hosted by the Barrington Area Chamber of Commerce. It’s a rare opportunity to meet the finest local purveyors of food and spirits and taste their dishes and drinks all under one roof. And we’ve come up with a list of FIVE reasons you do not want to miss this year’s TasteFest!
TasteFest is happening from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, October 29th at the Chicago Marriott Northwest (at Rte. 59 & I-90) in Hoffman Estates.
Tickets cost $30 in advance or $35 at the door and here are the FIVE REASONS you DO NOT want to miss TasteFest, 2015…
- Taste the signature dishes of dozens of restaurants, microbrewers, wineries and distillers for one low price!
- Sample the menus of restaurants you’ve never visited, but always wanted to.
- See professional chefs in action.
- Network, mingle and enjoy live entertainment by one of the Midwest’s most popular performers, the Amy Yassinger Jazz Ensemble.
- Treat employees, clients and friends to a unique event, meet up with friends and family for a sumptuous evening out or just bring your special someone to savor the samplings of some of the Barrington area’s finest purveyors of food and spirits!
CLICK HERE to purchase your TasteFest tickets online now.
Are you hungry yet? If not, you will be after you read on to explore the food and drink on this year’s TasteFest menu and the list of sponsors who will be there offering tastes and sharing information about their restaurants or services. Take a look…
- Crispy Goat Cheese; MontChevre’ Goat Cheese, fine herbs, tomato chutney, apply syrup from Biaggi’s Ristorante Italiano
- Crab Cakes w/Remoulade Sauce from Heinen’s Grocery Store
- Caprese Skewers; Cherry Tomato, Fresh Mozzarella, Basil, Extra Virgin Olive from Incontro A Tavola
- Caprese Skewers from Pinstripes
- Bruschetta: Crostini, Diced Tomatoes, Basil from Incontro A Tavola
- Roast Beef Crostini; Rare roast beef on French bread topped with sour cream, green onions, and pomegranate seeds from Strawberry Moon
- Assorted Cheeses from Heinien’s Grocery Store
- Apple, Cranberry, and Pecan Pancakes from Apple Villa Famous Pancake House & Restaurant
- Short Rib Sliders; all natural grass fed Short Rib, hand-shredded and braised in Asian spices, topped with a Sake-infused slaw from Cary Ale House
- BLT Sliders; twice cooked pork belly, sliced with lettuce, tomato and house made marrow-naise from Cary Ale House
- Specialty Sandwiches from Taste This at Grassroots
- Arancinia; crispy saffron rice filled with fresh spinach from ZaZa’s Tavola Italiana
- Arancinia; crispy saffron rice filled with Bolognese sauce and peas from ZaZa’s Tavola Italiana
- Fall Tart w/Goat Cheese Pumpkin Butter, Apple, and Pecans from Heinen’s Grocery Store
- Bomboloni Con Crema; fried pastry dough filled with Italian custard, served with honey and molten chocolate from Incontro A Tavola
- Mini chocolate and vanilla cupcakes from Smallcakes Cupcakery and Creamery of South Barrington
- Assorted Sweets from Jennie & Vera’s Sweet + Savories
- Chocolate Chip Cookies from Pinstripes
- Six Varieties of Cooper’s Hawk Wine
- Copper Fiddle Bourbon Whiskey, Tom Gin, and Fiddle Gin
- Mini Martini; French or espresso from Strawberry Moon
- Bloody Marys from Taste This at GrassRoots
- Tiburon Rum
- Red and White Wine from Broken Earth Winery, Garfield’s Beverage Warehouse, and Heinen’s Grocery Store
Participating Restaurants & Vendors
Apple Villa Famous Pancake House & Restaurant * Biaggi’s Ristorante Italiano * Broken Earth Winery Long Grove * Cary Ale House & Brewing Co. * Chicago Marriott Northwest * Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant * Copper Fiddle Distillery * Francesca’s Famiglia * Garfield’s Beverage Warehouse * Heinen’s Grocery * Incontro A Tavola * Jennie and Vera’s Sweets + Savories * Mandile’s Italian Ristorante & Banquets * On Occasion Catering * Pinstripes * Savory Salads * Smallcakes Cupcakery and Creamery of South Barrington * Strawberry Moon, Inc. * Taste This at Grassroots * Tiburon Rum * Vin Chicago * Whole Foods Market – Kildeer * ZaZa’s Tavola Italiana
Additional Event Sponsors
Barrington Bank & Trust Co., N.A. * Motor Werks of Barrington, Inc. * ChiroOne Wellness Center of Schaumburg East * Eastgate Manor of Algonquin * Boone Creek Cabinetry & Design * 18/8 Fine Men’s Salons * Savour Gallery & Wine Boutique * LeafFilter North of Illinois, Inc. * RYCO Landscaping * Nature’s Balance Acupuncture and Wellness Center * GYM GUYZ * Barrington Chiropractic & Massage * CertaPro Painters * Chicago Marriott Northwest * Marriott Chicago Northwest * Sunrise Assisted Living of Barrington * Barrington Behavioral Health & Wellness-Barrington * Core Orthopedics & Sports Medicine * Illinois Vein Specialists, S.C. * BMO Harris Bank * The Stonegate * Renewal by Andersen * Window Replacement * KC Printing Services, Inc. * WindowWorks * Rahab’s Daughters * AMITA Health * Advance Design Studio, Ltd. * Rejuva Aesthetics and Wellness Center * Heinen’s Grocery * 18/8 Fine Men’s Salons
While you’re at TasteFest, don’t forget to cast your vote for the Great Taste Awards and be entered into a drawing for the Gift Card Tree worth over $500. Be sure to come hungry and look forward to seeing you there!
Founded in 1969, the Barrington Area Chamber of Commerce is an association of 800+ member businesses representing more than 18,000 business people dedicated to the prosperity of the 11 communities it serves: Barrington, Barrington Hills, Deer Park, Inverness, Kildeer, Lake Barrington, Long Grove, North Barrington, Port Barrington, South Barrington and Tower Lakes.
The BACC promotes economic opportunities, advocates for business interests, offers professional development programs, and works to foster a robust regional economy.