I don’t mention this as often as I might here at 365Barrington.com, but I’m a Realtor here in Barrington. My brokerage, Coldwell Banker, has asked me to be a presenter at Technology Expo tomorrow. I’ll be talking to Realtors about how social media helps me meet new people, stay in touch and strengthen relationships that impact my business. I’m writing today’s post about 5 shocking things Realtors do IN BED to illustrate a point. I’m not exactly sure what my point is going to be, but hopefully I’ll have one by the time I give my presentation tomorrow.
Whenever I have writers’ block and need some ideas for things to write about, I have a favorite website that I turn to for inspiration. It’s called CopyBlogger.com. Years ago I read something on CopyBlogger that I will never forget. It was a post called The Cosmo Headline Technique for Blogging Inspiration. I haven’t tried this technique before in an extreme way, until today.
CopyBlogger founder, Brian Clark, says you should always write your headline first. “The idea is that your headline makes a promise that your sales copy or content must provide to the reader in order to keep the promise you made.”
For help writing headlines, he suggests that you check out the cover of the most recent Cosmopolitan or any other consumer-oriented Magazine because, “They’re written by pros who make good money getting people to pick up periodicals and drop them in the grocery basket.”
So if you visit us here at 365Barrington.com from time to time, be watching for variations of the following Cosmo headlines:
“The 22 Best Relationship Tips Ever”
“75 Crazy-Hot Sex Moves”
“Guys Spill: White Lies They Tell Women All the Time”
“Get Ahead Faster: 12 Brilliant (and Slightly Badass) Ways to Do It”
“Your Sexual Health: Crucial New Facts Your Gyno Forgot to Mention”
“A Shocking Thing 68% of Chicks Do in Bed”, which brings me to today’s post…
Five Shocking Things Realtors Do in Bed
These are things most Realtors won’t tell you, so this really is red hot info!
1. Keep your spouse up all night obsessing over whether the scent of freshly baked cookies during showings helps sell houses.
2. Dream about the handsome home inspector.
3. During a late night feeding with your newborn, practice explaining complicated real estate news to your baby, like what the latest S&P Case/Schiller Home Price Index means for home buyers and sellers in Barrington.
4. Lie awake trying to come up with ways to break bad news to clients like, “I know your home is listed at $600,000 and the buyers only offered $350,000. I know they’re wasting our time. I know it’s insulting. Let’s put a copy of their offer on a dart board.”
5. Worry that it’s a really bad idea to write a post called “5 Shocking Things Realtors Do in Bed”.
So there you go. A Realtor’s secrets … REVEALED! Want to talk houses, Barrington or share ideas about blogging? Call me at 847-691-3150 and thanks for being here, Liz