School is back in session and, although at first glance things seem easier to manage, they’re really not. While we’re adjusting to back to school schedules I thought a one-pan meal was a great idea. So this weeks Heinen’s 4PM Panic is Honey Mustard & Rosemary Chicken, packed with so much flavor you’ll want to bring the pan right to the table!
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2-3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary, extra for garnish
- 2 cups baby potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4-5 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine mustard rub ingredients in small bowl. Use fingers to massage and coat chicken, rubbing on both sides, and under skin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dijon & whole grain mustard, honey and chicken stock. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in oven-proof skillet over medium/high heat. Add chicken, skin side down and sear both sides for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from skillet and set chicken aside.
- Place potatoes in skillet and sprinkle with salt, pepper and dried rosemary.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove potatoes from oven and add chicken back to skillet, to combine with potatoes.
- Generously drizzle honey mustard sauce over chicken thighs.
- Add fresh rosemary sprigs.
- Place back in oven and roast for 25-30 until chicken is completely cooked through (internal temperature of 175 degrees F).
- Remove from oven, spring with fresh rosemary sprigs, serve immediately.
By the way, have you heard about Heinen’s Tasteful Rewards™ program? Sign up for free to receive exclusive weekly specials via email and earn Heinen’s rewards. As a Tasteful Rewards™ membership benefit, Heinen’s will donate up to 1% of your qualified purchases made between September and April to a local school of your choice through their Teaming Up for Education Program. CLICK HERE to sign up for Heinen’s Tasteful Rewards™ and, trust me, this is one email that will always please your palate!
Photographer Sally Roeckell specializes in contemporary lifestyle portraiture with an emphasis on food photography. She regularly shops at Heinen’s for the family dishes she features via Table and Dish on Instagram and on her website at TableAndDish.com.
Heinen’s Grocery is located at 500 N. Hough Street, between E. Main Street and Route 14 (next to Meathead’s) in Barrington, Illinois. They’re open 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. For more information, visit Heinens.com.