It’s Hatch chile season and Heinen’s is ready to roast with their annual “Catch the Hatch” Chile celebration coming up on Saturday & Sunday, August 19th & 20! For this week’s Cooking with Heinen’s post, I’m making a dip that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Corn has never tasted better because it’s baked with freshly roasted Hatch chiles and two kinds of cheese. The chiles are not spicy or hot but are packed with flavor. This easy dip literally takes five minutes to stir together. It’s a great for parties, picnics, and even tailgating. You can serve your dip with your favorite cracker, bread or corn chip.
Hot & Cheesy Hatch Chile Corn Dip
Yield: one 9-inch pie dish, 4 to 8 servings
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained if necessary (or substitute with fresh corn)
- 4oz of roasted chopped hatch chiles
- 1 3/4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or Pepper Jack), divided
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- chips, crackers or bread for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°f and spray a 9-inch round pie dish with cooking spray; set aside
- In a large bowl add corn, chiles, 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, Parmesan, mayo, and stir to combine.
- Turn mixture out into prepared pie dish, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Evenly sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese over the top.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese has melted and is bubbly, or is as golden browned as desired.
- Serve immediately with corn chips, tortilla chips, bread, or your favorite dipper.
- Dip is best warm and fresh, but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat gently if desired or serve chilled.
About the Author
Photographer Sally Roeckell specializes in contemporary lifestyle portraiture with an emphasis on food photography. Her Blog, Table and Dish is a website devoted to celebrating and curating the many ways that food binds us. Sally hopes that her recipes and images will inspire you to gather your friends and family in the kitchen to make memories, use the time to connect with busy kids, chat over mixing bowls, get messy, laugh, sing, set the table, clear the table, pass the salt, debate the days topics and pray. You can follow her here as a weekly contributor to 365Barrington and Heinen’s as well as via Table and Dish on Instagram and on her website at TableAndDish.com.
Have you heard about Heinen’s Tasteful Rewards™ program? Sign up for free to receive exclusive weekly specials via email and earn Heinen’s rewards. As a Tasteful Rewards™ membership benefit, Heinen’s will donate up to 1% of your qualified purchases made between September and April to a local school of your choice through their Teaming Up for Education Program. CLICK HERE to sign up for Heinen’s Tasteful Rewards™ and, trust me, this is one email that will always please your palate!
Heinen’s Grocery is located at 500 N. Hough Street, between E. Main Street and Route 14 (next to Meatheads) in Barrington, Illinois. They’re open 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. For more information, visit Heinens.com.