Heading to a tailgate or game night and need a quick and easy appetizer? How about a classic American cheese and beer dip. It’s easy to throw together and can be served hot or cold. October is American Cheese Month. American Cheese Month is a celebration of North America’s delicious and diverse cheeses and the farmers, cheesemakers, retailers, cheese-mongers and chefs who bring them to your table. Heinen’s cheese section is full of tasty selections. Feel free to ask for help. The associates at Heinen’s know their product and will be happy to help you select just the right cheeses for your recipe or charcuterie board.
What goes best with cheesy beer dip?
Cold beer of course!INGREDIENTS:
- 16 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded or cubes (white cheddar is also good)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 3 scallions sliced
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup of beer (pale for a light sweet flavor or a dark ale for more robust, bitter flavor)
- Blend cheeses and seasonings in food processor until well combined.
- Slowly add beer and continue processing.
- Cover and refrigerate at least an hour. Serve cold as a spread or warm as a dip. If you want to serve this dip warm, simply whisk constantly in a small saucepan over low heat, or bake in a cast iron skillet or oven proof dish at 375° until cheese dip is warm and heated through. For a kid friendly version, replace the beer with apple cider.
- Just before serving add the bacon and scallions to the top.
- Serve with your favorite cracker or pretzel.
About the Author
Photographer Sally Roeckell specializes in contemporary lifestyle portraiture with an emphasis on food photography. Her Blog, Table and Dish is a website devoted to celebrating and curating the many ways that food binds us. Sally hopes that her recipes and images will inspire you to gather your friends and family in the kitchen to make memories, use the time to connect with busy kids, chat over mixing bowls, get messy, laugh, sing, set the table, clear the table, pass the salt, debate the days topics and pray. You can follow her here as a weekly contributor to 365Barrington and Heinen’s as well as via Table and Dish on Instagram and on her website at TableAndDish.com.
Have you heard about Heinen’s Tasteful Rewards™ program? Sign up for free to receive exclusive weekly specials via email and earn Heinen’s rewards. As a Tasteful Rewards™ membership benefit, Heinen’s will donate up to 1% of your qualified purchases made between September and April to a local school of your choice through their Teaming Up for Education Program. CLICK HERE to sign up for Heinen’s Tasteful Rewards™ and, trust me, this is one email that will always please your palate!
Heinen’s Grocery is located at 500 N. Hough Street, between E. Main Street and Route 14 (next to Meatheads) in Barrington, Illinois. They’re open 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. For more information, visit Heinens.com.