Four Barrington area ribbon cuttings and two local news headlines take center stage in today’s NoonDaily Update, our new approach to gathering information and sharing what’s happening in and around Barrington, Illinois. Each day we publish a post at noon featuring the latest collected photos and information from various sources around town and we hope you’ll join us in sharing.
Today’s update is complied with photos and stories submitted by astute observers, local businesses and area organizations (see below or click here for original posts).
Can you match these photos with their captions below?
1. Redefined Beauty Bar & Salon | A warm welcome to Cook Street’s brand new Redefined Beauty Bar & Salon where expert stylists are waiting to help you redefine your haircare experience with cutting edge color & style. The salon is GORGEOUS! Have you seen it yet? They celebrated the salon’s opening with a ribbon cutting this month. Click here for the story.
2. Barrington Courier-Review | After Cook County voted Wednesday to raise the minimum wage to $13 by 2020, Village of Barrington officials started drafting an ordinance that could let local businesses pay workers the lower state minimum wage of $8.25 an hour. Village President Karen Darch says a lower minimum wage will “level the playing field” for Barrington businesses in both Cook and Lake counties. That’s according to reporter Todd Shields. Read his article here: Barrington proposing measure to counteract Cook County minimum wage hike
3. Genevieve’s Bridal | Calling all brides-to-be… There’s a brand new place to shop for gorgeous wedding dresses at The Arboretum of South Barrington! Click here to learn more about their luxury dress shopping experience.
5. Redefined Beauty Bar & Salon | Their Halloween makeup appointments are almost booked, but you can schedule professional makeup applications all year long at Barrington’s new Redefined Beauty Bar & Salon! Call them today at 847-387-4335 they will make you BOOtiful year-round at Redefined Beauty Bar & Salon!
7. Concierge Med Spa | Want to look and feel your best but have trouble finding time to visit with skincare experts? There’s a new solution offering express services in the heart of the Village of Barrington. Welcome to town, Concierge Medical and Day Spa – Barrington! To learn more about their concept, click here.
8. Daily Herald | Record numbers of early voters are casting ballots before election day according to Daily Herald Reporter Robert Sanchez. Check out some of the numbers here: Early voting off to fast start in suburbs
We’ve had a team working on our NoonDaily updates via Instagram since the beginning of the year and we’ve loved the pleasant surprise of seeing others automatically join us in sharing. Now we’re ready to reveal what we’ve been developing behind-the-scenes and officially invite you to participate.
Here’s how it works:
Each day we’ll be publishing a post at noon featuring the latest collected photos and information from various sources around town and we hope you’ll join us! Whether you’re a local resident, photographer, writer, business owner, student, PR pro, marketing guru, non-profit organizer, event planner, REALTOR, religious leader or volunteer, we invite you to please share your news, views and daily snapshots right along with us. Posts submitted will be featured on our constantly updated NoonDaily page at 365Barrington.com/NoonDaily.
Here’s how to share:
Everyone can participate by adding photos and updates to our NoonDaily collection one of these three ways:
- Facebook Mention or tag @BarringtonIllnois in a Facebook post or publish post to our Facebook page at Facebook.com/BarringtonIllinois and your message will be featured on our NoonDaily Update Board at 365Barrington.com/NoonDaily.
- Instagram & Twitter Add the hashtag #365Barrington or #NoonDailyBarrington to any post on your Instagram or Twitter page and your message will also be featured with our NoonDaily updates.
- Submit an Event or Post If social media is not your thing, click here to submit post details or click here to share an upcoming event and we’ll do our best to add your message to the NoonDaily mix.
Gone are the days when local news arrived only with the paperboy or via regularly scheduled newscasts. Social media has changed the news cycle so dramatically that we find ourselves longing for a return to life with less disruption. At the same time, social media continues to enhance the best part of our work, which has always been learning from your story ideas, recommendations and experiences. NoonDaily is our commitment to gathering ideas and presenting information thoughtfully and regularly with respect for your time. So we hope you will join us in sharing slices of life locally, right here at noon daily.