As the Chicago Cubs won the 2016 World Series with a wild 8-7, 10-inning Game 7 victory over the Indians Wednesday night, fans went crazy here in Barrington. Fireworks were heard all over town just before midnight and area fans instantly lit up social media with photos and posts praising the Cubs. After 108 years of waiting, the day Cubs fans have longed for is finally here and we’re sharing some of that local reaction for today’s NoonDaily Update.
Each day we publish a post at noon featuring the latest collected photos and information from various sources around town. Read on to learn how you can join us in sharing and take a look at some of the posts shared by Cubs fans in and around the Barrington area…
Can you match these photos with their captions below?
1. willowcreekcc | We’ve changed out our #LoveEveryoneAlways billboards for today to celebrate the @cubs!
2. Tattered Tiques | YEAH!!!!!!! Cubs win! World Series Champions!! Congrats to them and all the loyal fans that waited decades for this! #gocubsgo #worldseries #flythew #chicago #bestfans
3. Bravehearts Therapeutic Riding & Educational Center | Go Cubs Go!
4. gaulislife33 | The greatest scorecard I have ever written. So glad I got to spend last night with 3 generations of my family! #FlyTheW ❤️?
5. Cubs | A wild Game 7. #WorldSeries Champions. #FlyTheW
6. Advocate Good Shepherd Hosptial | Our newborn babies celebrate Game 7 in style! #flythew @cubs #advocatekids #chicagocubs
7. Coopers Hawk Winery | Cheers to our #worldseries champs Chicago @cubs #gocubsgo
8. chickfilakildeer | We celebrate the #champions with #free Original Chick-fil-A Sandwich on November 3rd from 10:30AM-10:00PM. One per person. No purchase necessary. Just wear your Cubs gear! Kildeer location only! #deerparktowncenter #365barrington
9. Carol and Company Gifts | Congratulations Chicago Cubs! We have a limited supply of Cubs Bat Bottle Openers in stock. Perfect gift for your favorite Cubs fan! Plus don’t miss our Ladies Day Out at the shops on North Cook Street from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday, November 3rd. Join us for refreshments, raffles and a sneak peek of holiday shopping.
To commemorate this historical event, the Cubs posted a new music video for Eddie Vedder’s love song to the team “All The Way.” The new video includes fans and players celebrating the World Series win. Have you seen it yet? (CHILLS!)
Vedder reportedly penned the song at Ernie Banks’ request in 2007, and an official music video was produced during the Cubs 2008 playoff run. If you have yet to see Vedder’s original video, here it is…
We’ve had a team working on our NoonDaily updates via Instagram since the beginning of the year and we’ve loved the pleasant surprise of seeing others automatically join us in sharing. Now we’re ready to reveal what we’ve been developing behind-the-scenes and officially invite you to participate.
Here’s how it works:
Each day we’ll be publishing a post at noon featuring the latest collected photos and information from various sources around town and we hope you’ll join us! Whether you’re a local resident, photographer, writer, business owner, student, PR pro, marketing guru, non-profit organizer, event planner, REALTOR, religious leader or volunteer, we invite you to please share your news, views and daily snapshots right along with us. Posts submitted will be featured on our constantly updated NoonDaily page at 365Barrington.com/NoonDaily.
Here’s how to share:
Everyone can participate by adding photos and updates to our NoonDaily collection one of these three ways:
- Facebook Mention or tag @BarringtonIllnois in a Facebook post or publish post to our Facebook page at Facebook.com/BarringtonIllinois and your message will be featured on our NoonDaily Update Board at 365Barrington.com/NoonDaily.
- Instagram & Twitter Add the hashtag #365Barrington or #NoonDailyBarrington to any post on your Instagram or Twitter page and your message will also be featured with our NoonDaily updates.
- Submit an Event or Post If social media is not your thing, click here to submit post details or click here to share an upcoming event and we’ll do our best to add your message to the NoonDaily mix.
Gone are the days when local news arrived only with the paperboy or via regularly scheduled newscasts. Social media has changed the news cycle so dramatically that we find ourselves longing for a return to life with less disruption. At the same time, social media continues to enhance the best part of our work, which has always been learning from your story ideas, recommendations and experiences. NoonDaily is our commitment to gathering ideas and presenting information thoughtfully and regularly with respect for your time. So we hope you will join us in sharing slices of life locally, right here at noon daily.