Time for today’s NoonDaily Update, our new approach to gathering information and sharing the good things happening in Barrington, Illinois. Each day we publish a post at noon featuring the latest collected photos and information from various sources around town and we hope you’ll join us in sharing.
Today’s update is complied with photos and stories shared from astute observers, businesses and organizations around town (see below or click here for original posts).
Can you match the captions with the images?
- Barrington Area Crop Hunger Walk | Help end hunger one step at a time at the annual Crop Hunger Walk coming up in Barrington from 12:30 to 3 p.m. on Sunday, October 16th from 12:30 to 3 p.m. Hosted by Saint Anne Catholic Community, the Barrington Area CROP Hunger Walk is an annual community hunger education event which raises funds to fight hunger locally and around the world. The Walk starts at Saint Anne and involves over a dozen churches, Barrington High School and the community. Join, as a walker or sponsor, to help change the world, one step at a time.
- notice_barrington | Sweater weather is here! Pick up a new cosy sweater and a perfectly matched scarf! @joulesclothing @525america #fallfashion #sweaterweather #socks #scarves #shopsmall #barringtonil
- leahmontoya | North Barrington Fall Fest 2016 #autumn??? #barrington #fallfest2016 #packedweekend #lovinglife #noondailybarrington
- ScottR116 | Birdseye View of Barrington
- Community Blood Drive | The Barrington Area Development Council and Barrington Park District are hosting a community blood drive at the Barrington Park District Fitness & Recreation Center from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesday, October 12th. Each donation helps three local patients! To schedule your appointment, sign up at the BPD Front Desk, contact LifeSource at (877) 543-3768 or register online at LifeSource.org and use the sponsor code 281D. For more information about park district events, visit BarringtonParkDistrict.org.
- luxewearhouse | LUXE ❤️Local – New beaded gemstone bracelets in rich fall colors – Perfect for stacking together or with leather or bangles to make a statement – made with ❤️by a Barrington mom – $20
- carolandcompanygifts | There’s a chill in the air and the leaves are falling. Loving the warmth of our Lafco candles. #lafcocandles #fall #shoplocal #barringtonil
- heartofeuropecafe | Mirror cake<3 #mirrorcake #pastry #pastryshop #party #event #coffeeshop #coffee #heartofeuropecafe #Barrington
- chicago_history |Goebbert’s Farm – South Barrington has been in the farm market business since 1948, George Goebbert started a roadside vegetable stand in Alington Heights. In 1972, Jim Goebbert bought a 40-acre farm in South Barrington and moved his family. Jim’s three children started selling pumpkins on the roadside in 1978. It got so busy one Saturday, Jim had to close the Arlington Heights stand, to come home and help with the pumpkin sales. The Fall Festival was born.
We’ve had a team working on our NoonDaily updates via Instagram since the beginning of the year (thank you Kate Smith) and we’ve loved the pleasant surprise of seeing others automatically join us in sharing. This week, we’re ready to reveal what we’ve been developing behind-the-scenes and officially invite you to participate.
Here’s how it works:
Each day we’ll be publishing a post at noon featuring the latest collected photos and information from various sources around town and we hope you’ll join us! Here are some of today’s NoonDaily Updates (see below or click here for original posts).
Whether you’re a local resident, photographer, writer, business owner, student, PR pro, marketing guru, non-profit organizer, event planner, REALTOR, religious leader or volunteer, we invite you to please share your news, views and daily snapshots right along with us. Posts submitted will be featured on our NoonDaily Update Board at 365Barrington.com/NoonDaily.
Here’s how to share:
Everyone can participate by adding photos and updates to our NoonDaily collection one of these three ways:
Mention @BarringtonIllnois in a Facebook post or publish post to our Facebook page at Facebook.com/BarringtonIllinois and your message will be featured on our NoonDaily Update Board at 365Barrington.com/NoonDaily.
Add the hashtag #365Barrington or #NoonDailyBarrington to any post on your Instagram page and your message will also be featured with our NoonDaily updates.
- Submit an Event or Post
If social media is not your thing, click here to submit post details or click here to share an upcoming event and we’ll do our best to add your message to the NoonDaily mix.
Gone are the days when local news arrived only with the paperboy or via regularly scheduled newscasts. Social media has changed the news cycle so dramatically that we find ourselves longing for a return to life with less disruption. At the same time, social media continues to enhance the best part of our work, which has always been learning from your story ideas, recommendations and experiences. NoonDaily is our commitment to gathering ideas and presenting information thoughtfully and regularly with respect for your time. So we hope you will join us in sharing slices of life locally, right here at noon daily.