As Barrington kicks off a summer of sesquicentennial celebrations, the Barrington Country Garden & Antique Faire will mark its own significant milestone: 15 years of stunningly successful events to raise funds for Hands of Hope.
This year’s event promises to delight the senses with garden tours of a New England-style retreat, an Old World Charmer, and an English Masterpiece–each one professionally designed and manicured to perfection. The Faire will be held on Friday and Saturday, June 19 and 20, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tickets are good for both days. Get yours soon, before prices go up on June 14!
In honor of the Faire’s 15th anniversary, and because it’s such a visual feast, we’re sharing the top 15 reasons to attend the 15th Annual Barrington Country Garden & Antique Faire in pictures. Many thanks to Laura Scoville Ekstrom for sharing her gorgeous images!
15 Reasons to Attend the Barrington Country Garden & Antique Faire
1. Helping Hands: Hands of Hope’s founder, Barrington resident Vicky Wauterlek, is proud of the organization’s accomplishments in Africa, and is immensely grateful for the community’s support.
“We have raised over $6 million dollars used to continue addressing education, health, water and economic development in poor rural communities on the African continent,” Vicky says. “We work hard to make sure our projects are self sustaining and that the impact of our projects will continue in the future.”
2. Spectacular Settings: Whether you’re a first-time Faire-goer or a seasoned attendee, the featured gardens will take your breath away. Doesn’t this look like it’s straight out of a fairytale?
3. Bountiful Blooms: There’s no doubt that flowers steal the show at the Faire, from fragrant roses to perfect peonies.
4. Fabulous Food: Egg Harbor and Ambrosia are longtime partners of the Faire, providing delectable luncheon options to fuel your garden explorations.
5. Plentiful Planters: At every turn, lush containers overflow with glorious plantings. Ideas abound!
6. Wonderful Workshops: Chef Kelly Donlea, owner of Organizing Dinner in Lake Barrington, will show you how to make the most of your garden’s bounty, and Michelle D’Arcy, owner of Horticultural Associates in Gurnee, IL, will share her expertise on making your garden containers both beautiful and bountiful.
7. Placid Pools: Water features with unique elements provide the perfect counterpoint to all of the greenery.
8. Vivacious Volunteers: Talk with anyone associated with the Faire, and they’ll tell you they have the best volunteers in the world–it takes more than 300 to run the event!
9. Avant Garden Glories: This upscale flea market features vintage iron and garden furniture, china, antiques, and much more. Your next treasure awaits!
10. Perfect Performances: Need a break? Grab a drink, find a seat and be entertained by musical groups featuring Barrington High School’s talented teens.
11. Fertile Farms: For the first time, the Faire will feature a working farm in Barrington Hills. Dominic Green from The Gentleman Farmer will be on hand to answer questions about his Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) subscription program.
12. Pleasant Paths: Artfully designed pathways make the journey a pleasure.
13. Raffle for a Reason: All proceeds from the raffle of this year’s fantastic items, such as a Big Sky retreat or a year of flowers, go toward improving lives of those in rural African communities. Go for it!
14. Varied Vignettes: A designer and event planner’s dream, these fanciful scenarios are sure to delight and inspire.
15. Fashionable Finds: Because sometimes a new ring is just the thing – and you might find yours at this year’s Boutique!
And, if somehow you’re not yet convinced (though we don’t know how you wouldn’t be), here are a few more reasons to attend this year’s Faire:
We look forward to seeing you at the Faire!
Tickets are $45 through June 14th, $55 June 15th and after.
Tickets may be purchased online through June 17th.
Tickets will be held at the door.
CLICK HERE to buy tickets online now.
$80 Early Buy Ticket: Shop the French Market and Avant Garden before the Garden Faire opens! Special shuttle and entrance to the main Faire grounds on Friday morning only, between 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
Tickets will also be available for purchase at the door.
Barrington Country Garden & Antique Faire
Friday & Saturday
June 19 & 20, 2015
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Early Buy, Friday Only, beginning 8:30 a.m.
For more information, call 847-381-7367 or visit HandsOfHopeOnline.org.