I’m feeling good on this “Guess Where Wednesday” because it’s day 182 here at 365Barrington.com. And that means, as of this week, I’m half-way to day 365! O.M.G. I don’t know whether I should cheer :), cry 🙁 or quit ;). Now to our new mystery photo. I think I’ve been making things too easy so I’m trying really hard to trick you this week. Can you guess where in Barrington this picture was taken?
We’ll get to this week’s prize in a minute. But first, let’s talk about last week’s winner. We had a bunch of correct guessers last week, but we drew the name today and the winner is…
Thanks for your guess and congratulations, Carla. I’ll be emailing you this afternoon with details about how to receive your $30 Goebbert’s Gift Card. Click HERE to view last week’s photo and to see all of last week’s guesses. Here’s another, more revealing look at the spot where we took that picture.
Last week’s mystery photo was of the outside of the dining car at Chessies 111 Grille in the Ice House Mall. Did you know that there are three train cars at the Ice House? There are two Pullman commuter cars from 1926 inside the mall. One is the dining car at Chessies 111 Grille and the other is the Girl Scout Store. The third train car is the Chessie’s caboose which you see outside the mall right on Applebee Street. All this train talk leads me to the new prize for the winner of this week’s “Guess Where Wednesday” contest.
This Week’s Prize
The owners of Chessies 111 Grille are offering this week’s prize. It’s a $50 gift certificate to the restaurant at 200 Applebee Street in Barrington so you can see the dining car in person. Sweet!
Here’s how it works:
- You can submit your guesses about where today’s mystery photo was taken in the comments area for this post.
- You have until midnight on Friday to submit your guess.
- The following Wednesday, we’ll draw a name, reveal the winner at 365Barrington.com and contact the winner with instructions about receiving the prize of the week.
- Only one guess per person is allowed.
- Only guesses posted here on this website, not on Facebook or Twitter, will be entered into the weekly drawing.
- Your email address must be valid, so we can contact you if you win.
Your Two Clues:
For the first time this week, we’re also offering two clues to help you with your guessing:
- The image will vanish before it appears.
- It’s black and white and read all over.
There you go! All you have to do is SUBMIT YOUR GUESS IN THE “COMMENTS” BOX BELOW. If you’ve guessed in our previous contests, please feel free to participate again this week! We’d love to see as many guesses as possible. We’re also working on finding more great prizes for future “Guess Where Wednesdays”. If you would like to offer one of our upcoming “Guess Where Wednesday” prizes, please drop me a note at Liz@TheLubyGroup.com. Good luck with your guessing and here’s one more look at this week’s Mystery Photo.