Downtown Barrington was absolutely packed for this weekend’s…Continue Reading
345. 12 Days of ChristKindlFest Countdown DAY TWELVE: St. Nick’s Day Santa & Sunday Reindeer
We’ve reached Day 12 on our Barrington ChristKindlFest countdown. And we’re wrapping up our list of reasons not to miss the 4-day fest with reason #12, which is the fact that ChristKindlFest is the perfect place to make new family memories! Bring your cameras and your kids to the fest this weekend where you’ll find opportunities to meet St. Nickolaus in the European tradition, “jolly” Santa AND his reindeer!
To celebrate Saint Nicholas Day, the traditional Saint Nickolaus will be visiting families at ChristKindlFest from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, December 6th. And this isn’t your ordinary St. Nick. He’s also known as Phillip Wenz and, when he’s not at ChristKindlFest, you’ll find him visiting with children at Santa’s Village.
In the German and most European cultures St. Nickolaus only appears on his saints day on the eve of Dec 5 and 6th. He only gives gifts of sweets. He does not appear any other time. Also note the attire which Phillip purchased in Europe. He even went to have it blessed in Italy.
As a four-year-old child, Phillip donned his first Santa outfit. By the time he was fourteen he was in his first parade and at the ripe old age of twenty-three, he became the year-round Santa Claus for the iconic Santa’s Village theme park in Dundee, Illinois. It is an association he has now had for nearly 30 years.…
344. 12 Days of ChristKindlFest Countdown DAY ELEVEN: Sights & Sounds Photo Contest
Guests have been having a blast at Barrington’s…Continue Reading
343. 12 Days of ChristKindlFest Countdown DAY TEN: Music & Dancing
ChristKindlFest 2014 is now open, but the fun…Continue Reading
340. 12 Days of ChristKindlFest Countdown DAY EIGHT: Think Floyd USA Live Concert & Light Show
ChristKindlFest 2014 opens tomorrow and runs through Sunday,…Continue Reading
339. 12 Days of ChristKindlFest Coundtown DAY SEVEN: Western Sky Band LIVE in Concert
ChristKindlFest is almost here! Crews spent today setting…Continue Reading
337. 12 Days of ChristKindlFest Countdown DAY SIX: Holiday Shopping!
As we count down the days through the end of ChristKindlFest 2014, we’re keeping a close eye on the weather forecast. With temperatures expected to reach the mid-forties this weekend, we’re even more excited about our Reason #6 not to miss the 4-day outdoor & tented winter market and music festival. And that’s the HOLIDAY SHOPPING!
During the festival, downtown Barrington will be transformed into a small European village with festive holiday booths selling chocolates, pastries, ornaments, handcrafted items and more.
Crews at Pepper Construction have built ten additional Germanic wooden chalet’s for this week’s festival, bringing the total number of ChristKindlFest retail and food vendor structures up to 20.
Shop ChristKindlFest and at surrounding Barrington retailers to find unique holiday gifts for everyone on your list. Here are some of the merchants who will be selling products at this year’s fest……
336. 12 Days of ChristKindlFest Countdown DAY FIVE: American English Beatles Tribute Band
We’re counting down the days through the end…Continue Reading
334. Twelve Days of ChristKindlFest Countdown DAY FOUR: Kids Activities!
Opening day of Barrington ChristKindlFest is this Thursday, December 4th. The 4-day fest is packed with fun for all ages with shopping, international food & drink, live music and entertainment. But #4 on our list of 12 reasons not to miss ChristKindlFest is all of the KIDS ACTIVITIES they have in store at the this year’s fest!
From carnival rides & cookie decorating to face painting & crafts to visits with Santa & his reindeer, there will be no shortage of fun things for children to do at ChristKindlFest. Here’s a look at all of the planned kids activities……
332. Twelve Days of ChristKindlFest Countdown DAY THREE: See The Johnny Wagner Band Live on Opening Day
It’s Day 3 of our 12 Days of…Continue Reading
329. 12 Days of ChristKindlFest Countdown DAY ONE: Enter The More the Merrier Contest
We’re so excited about ChristKindlFest coming up next…Continue Reading
322. Shop, Eat, Drink & Be Merry at ChristKindlFest 2014
The countdown is on for Barrington’s second annual…Continue Reading
240. FRED Fest Celebrates Free Spirited Land Loving Dude
Cuba Township Supervisor Dave Nelson says Sunday’s second…Continue Reading
239. Fred Fest to Feature 6 Bands for the Lake County Forest Preserves
All are invited to Fred Fest, Cuba Township’s…Continue Reading
204. New VIP Tent Scores High Marks at UnCork Barrington
UnCork Barrington attendees are raving about the huge…Continue Reading