The Brat Tent entrance will blast open today to celebrate four days of July 4th festivities in downtown Barrington. The 27th Annual Barrington Fourth of July celebration will feature a packed schedule of entertainment for kids, families AND adults. We’ll be sharing fun details and the full events schedule in the coming days here at 365Barrington.com, but one of today’s highlights will be the festival’s opening performance this afternoon by OD TAPO IMI.
OD TAPO IMI is a Chicagoland band whose name is an acronym for “Oil Drums That Are Pounded Out Into Musical Instruments”. They’re known for their Caribbean-style beats and best described as “Jimmy Buffet Meets Blue Man Group.”
OD TAPO IMI will light up the Barrington Brat Tent stage at 12:30 this afternoon with a powerful mix of vocals, steel drums, percussion, guitars and horns playing all genres of popular music with a unique tropical twist. But they’re just a delicious appetizer for a great list of highlights planned for Barrington’s Fourth Festivities this year.
The Barrington Brat Test officially opens today at 11 a.m. and will be hopping until tonight at 11:30 p.m. Here’s the lineup of entertainment scheduled for today, July 1st, 2011.
- All Day – Crafts, Games and More…Presented by Lions, Breakfast & Noon Rotary Clubs of Barrington
- 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. – Firetruck Slide with a special visit from Sparky the Fire Dog presented by Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital
- 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Hands on Activity with Learning Express
- 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. – Trackless Train – a cute ride for all ages presented by Avocate Good Shepherd Hospital
- 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. – Design Your Own “Summer Fun Bags” (while supplies last) presented by Harris Bank Barrington
- 12:30 p.m. – 1 p.m. – OD TAPO IMI performance presented by Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital
- 1 p.m. – 7 p.m. – Rock Climbing Wall & Euro Bungy presented by PEPSICO Chicago
- 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. – Sons of Bildor performance presented by Rieke Office Interiors
- 6 p.m. to 7:30 – Chicago Blackhawk Mascot, Tommy Hawk visit presented by Harris Bank
- 8 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. – Exit 147 performance presented by Barrington Lions Club and Noon Rotary Club of Barrington
You’ll find the Brat Tent set up in the North Commuter Lot of the Metra Train Station at 201 South Spring Street in Barrington. There is daytime admission special for kids over age 3 which includes unlimited access to all activities, a hot dog, chips and soda for $5. Adult admission is FREE during these hours. The cost of evening admission after 6PM is $5 for adults, $1 ages 14-17 and admission for kids 13 and under is FREE. All funds raised will benefit initiatives organized by the five community service organizations that host the Brat Tent festivities. They are the Barrington Junior Women’s Club, Noon Rotary Club of Barrington, Breakfast Rotary Club of Barrington, Lion’s Club of Barrington and Kiwanis Club of Barrington. For more information, visit the committee’s website at Barrington4thofJuly.com.