The 3rd annual Jazz Patio FREE outdoor concert…Continue Reading
Category: Live Music
182. Harmony Hope & Healing For Family Service of Barrington
A few days ago, when I wrote about…Continue Reading
180. Wine, Shopping and All That Jazz at Deer Park Town Center
Liz is letting the library take over 365…Continue Reading
137. Suburban Cowboys to Rock Barrington 4th of July Fest Opening Night!
Barrington’s Fourth of July festivities begin this Wednesday,…Continue Reading
12. Band Together “Give it Up for 220” Music Fest
Mark your calendars for a brand new music…Continue Reading
357. Dance through the Decades for Hospice with Libido Funk Circus
As you break out those new 2013 day…Continue Reading
353. Neverly Brothers Concert at Millrose Restaurant
Why spend the first Friday night of the…Continue Reading
310. Ann Alee Jazz Performance at Millrose Restaurant
If you’re up for a little live jazz…Continue Reading
304. Free Concert with Handbells, Choirs & Candlelight Service
It’s sometimes too easy for the hustle…Continue Reading
285. Motown at Millrose with the Family Reunion Band
If you’re in the mood for the sounds…Continue Reading
219. Brian Collins Band Concert at McGonigal’s Pub
If you love country music, you’ll have a…Continue Reading
205. Marketplace Monday: Jazz it Up at Deer Park Town Center
It’s the first day of the work week…Continue Reading
192. Cool Off with Ice Cold Beer at Barrington Brew Fest
If you love tasting specialty beers and finding new seasonal favorites, you don’t want to miss this weekend’s 9th Annual Barrington Brew Fest in downtown Barrington. It’s the finale to the community’s week-long 4th of July festivities and it’s happening from 3 to 7 p.m. this Saturday, July 7th, with over 40 brewers offering about 100 samplings. Can you think of a better way to beat the heat?
Brew Fest tickets cost $40 in advance and can be purchased online by clicking HERE or in person at McGonigal’s Pub (105 S. Cook Street), Wool Street Sports Bar (128 Wool Street) and The Onion Pub (22221 N. Pepper Road in Lake Barrington). You can also purchase tickets at the door for $45 and the ticket price is worth every penny……Continue Reading
185. Barrington 4th of July Fest & Brat Tent – At a Glance
The Fourth of July festivities begin in Barrington this Friday, June 29th, so get ready for the return of the Barrington Brat Tent, 4th of July Parade, great food, fun for families and live concerts over the next six days.
The Brat Tent is all set up and ready to go for the six-day celebration and the schedule is packed with a great variety of fun activities for kids and adults. Here’s a look at what’s going on daily to help you plan your trips around your favorite festival features……Continue Reading
181. Toad the Wet Sprocket at South Barrington Arboretum Music Fest
Anyone up for a FREE music festival this weekend? Prepare to flash back to the 90’s because Toad the Wet Sprocket is one of ten bands performing at the Arboretum of South Barrington’s two-day Block Party and Music Fest, which starts at noon tomorrow.
There’s a great lineup of performers for both Saturday and Sunday, but the headlining band is Toad the Wet Sprocket performing at 8:30 on Saturday night. Named in honor of a sketch by the Monty Python comedy troupe, this 4-piece band of Santa Barbara, CA high school cronies came to be known as Toad the Wet Sprocket in 1986. The band’s big commercial breakthrough came in 1991 (the year I graduated from high school) as the single “All I Want” became a Top 20 hit. Another single from Toad the Wet Sprocket’s Fear LP, “Walk on the Ocean,” also became a successful track for the band.
Here’s a look at the scheduled performers for the fest and an oldie but goodie by Toad the Wet Sprocket……